Inspire’s Finance team is seeking a Payroll Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. As a Payroll Manager at Inspire, you will adopt a “payroll as a product” approach to building and iterating on payroll practices to enable our Avengers to do world-class work and crush their goals, live our values and accelerate our mission.
THE PAYROLL MANAGER HAS 5 MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processing Payroll Efficiently and Accurately: Owns end-to-end payroll processing which includes new hires, time entry, register reconciliation, reporting, and taxes. Manages the development, implementation and delivery of various payroll services while providing high quality results.
- Audits & Maintains Payroll Records: Partners with the Finance and People team to audit payroll records, leaves of absences, and wage & hour regulations ensuring accurate processing and to minimize potential risks.
- Responsible for Compliance & Legislative Updates: Ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with state and federal requirements. Proactively recommend solutions for upcoming changes in legislation.
- Maintains Payroll System: Partners with third party payroll systems to mitigate system errors and collaborates with key team members to implement updates and new functionalities.
- Point of Contact for Information Requests: Employs a customer service mindset to resolve employee or agency questions and requests in a timely and thoughtful manner.er.
SOME EXPECTED 2019 DELIVERABLES
- Evaluate and recommend a comprehensive and efficient process for Inspire’s multi-state workforce, including but not limited to timekeeping, data entry, and reconciliation of payroll.
- Research and implement new Payroll solution for Inspire, in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Gather requirements and mitigate risks for entry into new states for both hourly and corporate hires.
- Payroll processing is 100% on time, minimal errors.
- Demonstrate SME level knowledge and gain the confidence of the business.
- New Payroll system and processes are efficient and provide a self-service for Avengers, managers, and administrators.
- Conscientious - organized and diligent around policy and procedure, taking care to ensure compliance and full resolution
- Methodical - gains energy from a repeated behavior, consistently follows a process, is predictable and reliable
- Confidence - quickly establishes themselves as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert
- Inquisitive - ask questions to understand and gain perspective
- Multi-state payroll processing experience
- Implementation experience
- Confidentiality/discretion with sensitive information
- Experience with wage garnishments
- Strong understanding of Payroll reporting and basic Accounting.
- Strong understanding of Payroll, Finance, and HR functions and interdependencies with other functions
- 4 years of experience in Payroll managing a bi-monthly payroll for a mixed hourly and salaried workforce.
- Self-starter with ability to work with little direction and produce results
- Experience working with large internal sales teams and understands bonus and commission plans
CULTURE & PERKS
Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!