Payroll Manager at Tebra (Remote)
Tebra only initiates contact with candidates via email from an official Tebra email address (@tebra.com, @patientpop.com, or @kareo.com) or through our applicant tracking system, Greenhouse. We will only ask you to provide sensitive personal information through our official application portal — not via social media or text message. We do not conduct interviews via instant messaging.
About the Role
We are looking for an expert Payroll Manager who will own the entire payroll function for both US and Costa Rica operations. Data and processing accuracy is of the utmost importance; we are looking for someone who is extremely organized, has a systematic approach to processing payroll and can operate independently with minimal supervision. Strong US payroll tax experience is required. This role will partner with the People, Accounting and Finance teams and provide excellent customer service to our managers and employees for all payroll related matters.
Your Area of Focus
- Implement, maintain and review multi-state payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including wages, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
- Oversee Costa Rica payroll as processed by the CR Payroll Specialist
- Process all payrolls bi-weekly (hourly; salaried), monthly (bonus and commission), as well as all required adhoc payrolls
- Review and create a payroll process including detailed documentation supporting payroll best practices
- Establish and enforce payroll controls to ensure accurate payroll processing and reduce errors.
- Partner with our People team on reconciling: benefit/retirement carriers and spending accounts, leaves and disability tracking and benefit audits
- Provide excellent customer service as the face and voice (and email inbox) of our payroll team, helping to resolve and respond to payroll-related questions from employees and managers
- Ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations - owning and monitoring state, provincial, and local registrations for payroll taxes, local health and state unemployment insurance, workers compensation, etc. and addressing agency notices timely
- Ensure all payroll related tax filings are done in a timely and accurate manner, including the set-up of new accounts with various federal and state and local agencies as required.
Your Professional Qualifications
- Experience in Workday Payroll
- Experience with ADP SmartCompliance
- Experience with US Payroll Tax agencies
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and have/able to create processes to check and double check your work. Data accuracy and correctness is of the utmost importance.
- Being a team player; building rapport and partnering with HR Business partners, FP&A and/or other functional areas.
Kareo and PatientPop have joined forces to become Tebra, the digital backbone for practice well-being. While our teams are still supporting both products, our new hires and current employees are now united as Team Tebra.
Tebra aims to unlock better healthcare by helping independent practices bring modernized care to patients everywhere. Well over 100,000 providers trust Tebra to elevate their patient experience, and help them grow their practice. At Tebra, we’re building the future of well-being together. That shared vision for tomorrow begins with compassion and humanity today.
Our ValuesStart with the Customer
We get to know our customers - and their patients - and look at the world through their lens.
Keep It Simple
Healthcare is too complex. We aim to simplify it for everyone.
We reject the status quo and solve problems with creativity, perseverance, and a bias to action.
We are diverse, humble, and collaborative. We put the team first and win together.
Life is short and joy is underrated. We take time to have fun and celebrate success.
Perks & Benefits
In addition to our healthcare benefits, we also offer amazing perks! Need work from home basics? We offer a discount through Dell! We also offer a number of resources to help you keep your mind and body healthy. Check out obe Fitness or Gympass for a great workout, or LifeWorks Employee Assistance Program to find mental health resources, along with other resources for everyday occurrences.
Remote Pay Range
Tebra is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
California residents who apply or are recruited for a job with us: please carefully review our California-specific Privacy Notice under the California Consumer Protection Act here: https://www.tebra.com/privacy-policy/california-supplemental-notice/
If you would like to report a fraudulent Tebra job posting, please contact us at [email protected] and consider reporting your experience to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center or the Better Business Bureau to help keep others safe online, too.