Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 1,000+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
The Payroll Analyst will be reporting to the Payroll Manager and will be responsible for weekly payroll, including off-cycle payroll runs, preparing payroll data for analysis and assist in general process efficiency improvements. This is a great opportunity to jump into a growth environment and support the strategic initiatives of our executive team.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in timely and accurate payroll processing of weekly and off-cycle payrolls
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive employee information
- Analyze and address payroll issues and timekeeping inquiries from employees and managers to provide appropriate resolutions
- Coordinate with HR team to ensure proper workflow of employee data
- Maintain and implement appropriate payroll quality controls
- Meticulously maintain and update accurate payroll records
- Follow and enforce company policies, keep apprised with federal, state and local payroll laws
- Work with Payroll and Accounting Manager to identify opportunities for improvement
- Work closely with Finance to provide ongoing payroll data analysis for the company’s various business units and geographies
- Work closely with the Payroll Manager to accomplish department and company goals
- Assist the Accounting and Finance teams with reporting requirements and KPI’s such as creating/distributing payroll reports and accounting entries
- Participate in ad hoc projects
What we’re looking for:
- 2 years of experience processing payroll preferred
- Comfortable multi-tasking and learning new skills
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, finance or accounting preferred
- Excellent organization skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ultipro/UKG Pro Business Intelligence experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google G-Suite
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Experience implementing process improvements
- Ability to QA and troubleshoot payroll data results
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to work cross-functionally
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.