Manager, Production Accounting at Mythical Games
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are seeking a Manager, Production Accounting and Systems, to help build the accounting team and financial reporting infrastructure vital for the continued growth of the business. Mythical’s Accounting & Finance team ensures that the company succeeds in a competitive global market by working cross-functionally to keep the business running efficiently.
The Accounting & Finance team includes Accounting, Tax, Finance Innovation and Transformation, and FP&A. Together, the team partners with leadership to provide insights, information, and guidance to make strategic and operational decisions.
This is an exciting opportunity for individuals with a proven record of success in production accounting and financial systems and are looking for growth in a high technology environment. As part of the Finance Innovation and Transformation (FIT) team, you will have first-hand experience on new initiatives within the company, including acquisitions and system implementations.
- Handle all aspects of production accounting for acquired studios/entities
- Track milestones for studio development
- Manage A/P and bank reconciliations
- Manage payroll
- Month-end journal entries
- Consolidate headcount allocations for projects
- Cash management for the studio and forecast needs
- Finance advocate and liaison for the studios and Mythical
- Book transfer pricing and facilitate eliminations
- Assist Director, Tax in R&D incentive analysis for studios
- Assist in any regulatory/statutory reporting
- Lead system implementation needs of the finance team
- Research, develop and test new technologies and determine how and when to best incorporate into the finance/accounting workflow
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related degree (or equivalent years of experience)
- Qualified candidates will have 5+ years of experience as an accounting professional with direct experience in job requirements:
- 3+years of experience working in cloud financial systems (NetSuite, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure and perform several tasks concurrently in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented, including proven ability to independently analyze transactions
- A proactive person who can multitask, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with a high sense of urgency
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Efficiency in problem-solving, completing reconciliations and responding to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel and NetSuite a plus
- Ability to build effective partnerships with internal customers and work as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to understand and articulate multiple points of view
- Highly adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.