Manager, FP&A at sweetgreen
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for supporting the strategic direction of all financial matters regarding analysis and communication of the Company’s financial results. The position will help support the development of the Company’s key messages regarding weekly/monthly financials, annual results, key metrics, and prospects for performance. The main goals and objectives will include driving process improvement associated with the Company’s financial forecasts, financial models, and scenario planning models. A heavy focus will be placed on supporting operations and working closely with leadership on developing forecasting tools and various performance models that will enhance current processes. This role will support the communication of information with Investors, the Board, and the general financial community.
- Manage company forecasts and identify areas for process improvements and efficiencies to enhance accuracy and timeliness.
- Partner with operational units in order to gain a better understanding of operational performance from a financial perspective.
- Enhance variance analysis process between operational field and corporate (actual/forecast vs prior forecast/budget/prior year)
- Develop models to generate insights and analyze scenarios for new initiatives and strategic projects.
- Establish processes with supporting analysts in order to utilize cross-training initiatives and growth opportunities within the department
- Prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues and upper management in order to help drive process improvement and key business decisions.
- Create pro-forma models for future investment opportunities and strategic planning opportunities, and help guide analysts with maintenance support
- Drive annual budgeting process within Finance department and collaborate with operations teams.
- Complete special projects, as assigned.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in financial planning & analysis or corporate finance, preferably in the restaurant industry
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of accounting principles
- Demonstrated advanced-level ability to interpret and communicate complex financial information
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced & team-oriented environment
- Ability to think outside the box and recognize irregular patterns in financial performance
- Ability to develop complex financial models to validate investment decisions
- Management experience leading teams
- Proven responsibility with confidential company information
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Expert user of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (Eg. Host Analytics, Tableau, SQL, ERP experience)
- Strong analytical mind-set
- Strong financial modeling skills
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.