Manager, Financial Reporting (Greater LA Area, CA)
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
Manager focusing on the consolidation and reporting of WarnerMedia (primarily Consolidated WarnerMedia and legacy Warner Bros.), including P&L analysis for Warner Bros., to ensure consolidated results are in compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations. Consolidated Financial Reporting is responsible for the preparation of consolidated financial statements and related footnote disclosures for inclusion in the WBD quarterly and annual SEC filings. Works with the Controllership groups to ensure adequate explanation of submitted results, communicate reporting requirement revisions to internal partners and to obtain alignment on process efficiencies.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Reporting and Process Management
- Perform Consolidation of legacy WarnerMedia data from multiple systems:
- Manage load of legacy division results for Turner, HBO, WM Corp and Otter (from 3 separate systems), including review of load files provided, process through mapping tables, run journal creation/posting process and high-level tie-out of results posted in WM Consolidation system (minimum of four times each month)
- Run and review reports ensuring Warner Bros. data transferred correctly from its separate consolidation
- Run reversals of prior YTD data each month in preparation for new load files
- Address any issues in the process and resolution follow-up for previously identified issues, coordinating with the Tech team
- Responsible for overseeing Warner Bros. and WarnerMedia consolidation jobs running on a schedule and coordinating ad hoc jobs as needed
- Manage report process:
- Perform master data updates in the reports as necessary and schedule daily automated refresh jobs
- Oversee validation of reports, coordinating with the Sr. Analyst to enable timely distribution to the rest of the CFR team
- Create new or ad hoc reports as necessary
- Perform P&L analysis for certain Warner Bros. reporting line items ensuring data is properly reported and works with Controllership group to ensure unusual or large items are explainable
- Collaborate with internal/external customers, business partners and peers to drive efficiencies in processes and effectively meet deliverables
- Interface with internal/external auditors in managing requests concerning processes and deliverables
- Master Data
- Manage master data process primarily for GL Accounts, FS Items and related reporting hierarchy changes, working closely with business units, technology and other key stakeholders to ensure that requirements align with current management and external reporting financial data structure
- Special Projects/Other Providing ad hoc reporting / analysis and participate in various other projects, including cross-divisional initiatives, as required; provide assistance/support to other areas within the consolidated financial reporting group as needed
Qualifications and Experience...
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and/or finance
- Experience with SAP/BW or other large ERP system required
- Extensive experience with Excel, including complex formulas, pivot tables, vlookups, macros
- Variance analysis and reporting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA required
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented self-starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet routine and non-routine deadlines
- High degree of motivation to deliver a quality product
- Initiative and willingness to take on additional responsibilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Competent in preparing presentation quality documents and executive level summaries
- High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation
- Team player who embraces change
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skill set, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $87,220.00 - $161,980.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and sick time and vacation.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].