Manager Financial Intel Services at City National Bank (Greater LA Area, CA)
Manage 2 -3 data analysts/engineers responsible for the OFAC and transaction monitoring (TM) solutions used at the bank. Duties including ensuring the bank's TM coverage comply with regulatory requirements/red flags, rules are tuned and tested periodically, and models and documentation meet bank Model Risk Management requirements. Manager shall work with Technology and Innovation and BSA Financial Intelligence teams on transaction monitoring rules/segments require tuning and testing for optimal performance. Manager will have the opportunity to explore use of Artificial Intelligence tools, such as Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing, to further enhance and target detection scenarios and risk themes.
Regarding OFAC solutions, manager shall be responsible for keeping current U.S. and Canadian sanctions lists and any other applicable prohibited lists in accordance with bank requirements. Manager will oversee OFAC system scores' tuning and testing, annual system validations, and model documentation. Working with OFAC Program stakeholders, the Manager will also be able to influence, rationalize and improve OFAC solutions in use at the bank. Manager will be responsible for day-to-day engagement with vendors in use at the bank to carry out all necessary TM and OFAC system responsibilities.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Risk Management team. The focus is on ensuring business activities remain safe, compliant and well-positioned for future opportunity and sustainable growth.
- Design and enhance best-in-class AML compliance transaction monitoring and OFAC practices, leveraging industry best practices and advanced industry tools to detect and prevent financial crimes
- Support financial crimes and OFAC investigations processes to meet regulatory reporting timeframes through workflow efficiencies
- Manage staff with model documentation and rules/score tuning analysis, and identify areas of efficiency improvements
- Develop data-driven insights for effective and concise management reporting to diverse stakeholders
- Mortgage or financial-related industry experience is preferred
- Mortgage Bankers are responsible for building relationships with financial advisors and their respective teams in order to generate additional and ongoing direct referral business
- Oversees new model creation and optimization of existing models in use for risk management
- Programming languages and experience with Artificial Intelligence solutions a plus
- 5+ years in a leadership role within AML/BSA function and/or with financial industry companies
- Solid understanding of the Bank Secrecy Act (AML/KYC), USA Patriot Act (Anti-Terrorist Financing, correspondent banking and Customer Identification Program) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in working with, assessing, validating, designing, or managing various risk management, automated monitoring tools, and AML transaction surveillance systems.
- Bachelor's degree required (advanced degree, such as MBA or JD is preferred) with 5 years or more equivalent experience
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS)/Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)/Certified AML and Fraud Professional (CAFP) is a plus.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.