Manager, Financial Analysis at Warner Bros. Discovery (Culver City, CA)
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Manager of Program Finance to join our team at Max. This Corporate FP&A position is responsible for planning & executing the Company's P&L and cash forecasts including all financial deliverables to corporate and top level executives. With a clear understanding of the industry, this position acts as a business knowledgeable advisor by managing and reviewing forecasts, budgets, long-range plans and financial or business analyses that demonstrate the underlying key business drivers and the ultimate impact on the business unit.
Your Role Accountabilities
- Budgeting and Forecasting for P&L for Max - Manage and communicate monthly development financial forecasts and monthly variance reports related to the forecast. This includes filling out all templates for corporate submission and overseeing.
- Support the monthly/quarterly accounting close cycles - works directly with the accounting group during month-end close to coordinate necessary journal entries.
- Team Leadership and Collaboration - Manages and trains 1 staff at the COE in addition to providing guidance and coaching to support their professional growth. Collaborates with stakeholders across the organization, including production finance, production teams, 3rd party studios, and corporate teams.
- Max Original series programming, including various kinds of content (Kids & Family, Unscripted, Comedy, Drama) - oversee the day-to-day management of programming, including EFC management, cash flow schedules, invoices, and financial model updates.
- Cash Management for Max - Manage monthly cash forecast process to ensure forecast is met. This includes reviewing the work of other members of the team and reviewing corporate submissions. Additional responsibilities include working closely with a financial analyst to ensure that production related payments are funded in a timely fashion. This includes vendor relationship management, as well as reviewing and approving invoices to ensure proper coding.
Qualifications & Experience
- 6 + years of experience in Finance/Accounting
- Film industry experience, including an understanding of film accounting, forecasting revenues/cost on by-film basis, windowing, etc
- BS / BA degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA preferred
- Hyperion, PeopleSoft, Oracle, Smartsheets, or SAP experience desired
- Expert proficiency in Excel
- Strong time-management skills with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in an ever-changing, deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; strong ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management; History of proactive leadership, positive teamwork and collaboration
- Excellent analytical capabilities - budgeting, forecasting and modeling
- Self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Learns quickly, conducts self-reviews, checks work, and learns from mistakes
- Experience and/or desire to develop, manage, and train staff
- High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation
- Ideal candidate remains calm under pressure, has strong communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with senior management and other high-level industry executives
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skillset, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $95,550.00 - $177,450.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].