Manager, Finance Solutions at Warner Bros. Discovery (Remote)
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
The Financial Solutions Team provides support to the Global Accounting, Business Services and Financial Planning & Analysis Teams along with their respective customers. This support is provided through development, implementation, administration, training, and support of financial systems and processes.
The focus of the role involves driving implementation and improvement of key financial processes across WBD for multiple transactional and accounting support systems, such as Blackline and SAP.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- New Initiative activities include:
- Facilitation of 3rd parties such as vendors and system integrators
- Creating alignment of policies and procedures across WBD where appropriate, which includes assisting in developing and maintaining project plans, managing stakeholder expectations with product information, assisting in creating and maintaining change management plans, participation in full software development lifecycle, training delivery, etc.
- Production Support - Maintain Production/System Admin activities include:
- Ensuring deadlines are met in an accurate and efficient manner on SOX-critical tasks, and communicating the status to management
- System responsibilities including, maintaining user security, maintaining and understanding job scheduling and utilizing manual jobs, resolving data discrepancies between systems, updating master data hierarchies and reporting structures, monitoring and educating on product releases/updates/maintenance, acting as a liaison between users and other teams (e.g.: IT, escalation and resolution), and cross-training across the Finance Solutions team
- Production Support - User Support activities include:
- Assisting other team members with complex issues
- Oversight of addressing users how-to's, ad hoc issue troubleshooting and resolution for purposes of closing the financials, preparing account reconciliations, etc.
- System Enhancement activities include:
- Performing unit/regression testing on relevant system enhancement/upgrades or minor changes from vendor, with coordination of end-user testing
- Defining required system enhancements in collaboration with vendor's support and internal users to determine any functional requirements to meet those needs
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities as requested
Qualifications & Experience...
- Minimum 4 years of experience in reporting, accounting and/or related field with a system focus
- Previous significant involvement with Blackline including previous system administrator experience; SAP experience and Trintech Cadency a plus
- High level understanding of IT systems and controls, project management, systems implementations, and system integration experience and previous experience in system testing
- Ability to work with large volumes of data via Access/Excel using pivot tables, macros, VLookups, If/Then statements, etc.
- Ability to reconcile, present data between multiple systems with distinct designs
- Clear communicator with strong interpersonal skills; customer service oriented with the ability to interact clearly and professionally with a diverse and dispersed global business group; ability to manage senior level stakeholders
- Ability to balance technical skills with business understanding to transform user needs to functional requirements
- Excellent problem-solving skills and able to break down large, complex problems while developing clear step by step solutions
- Proactive, self-starter and team player with the ability to demonstrate initiative
- Ability to work independently, pay close attention to details and organization, meet stringent deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].