Manager, Accounting at Verifi
We are currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Manager, Accounting!
We are looking for an experienced Manager, Accounting to support the Controller within the accounting team. The manager will manage and oversee the day-to-day of the accounting. The manager is responsible for general ledger preparation, preparing and/or maintaining accurate account reconciliations, developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely close the books. The manager will supervise a staff of two and will be responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is complete in a timely and accurate manner.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the eCommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Ensure the bank reconciliations are completed timely and accurately
- Prepare, review and approve journal entries and/or schedules prepared by staff accountant
- Ensure balance sheet accounts are reconciled in a timely manner
- Monitor and analyze work to develop more efficient procedures and use of the resources while maintain a high level of accuracy
- Manage, train, and mentor accounting staff in performing day-to-day accounting functions, including planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance rewarding and motivating employees
- Assist in development, process improvements, and implementation of new procedures as necessary
- Focus on best practice, process and prioritizing and optimizing opportunities
- Support external service providers in compiling local GAAP financial statements, local statutory reporting and completing audits through preparation of work papers, information gathering, and data analysis
- Assist with the review of necessary international local financial statements and the processing of working drafts
- Act as key point of contact for all international reporting
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of intercompany balances with international operations, including the preparation and recording of any required adjustments
- Liaise with Human Resources and outside service provider to ensure proper payroll recording and support for monthly payroll funding of international employees
- Other finance and accounting projects as assigned
You bring to the table your:
- BA/BS degree; major in finance, accounting and/or related field
- CPA or Public Accounting background with Big 4 is a plus
- 5- 7 years of experience in accounting
- 1-2 Years Management Experience
- International consolidations and foreign currency translation experience is a plus
- Hands on approach and willing to get into the details
- Experience with journal entry preparation, reconciliation and analysis
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, completing projects and priorities simultaneously
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Experience with Microsoft GP/Great Plains a plus
- Able to work comfortably under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community oriented company
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
- Competitive Base Salary and plus bonus