Greater LA Area
Do you enjoy building accounting departments from the ground up? Are you deeply interested in career growth? If so, please read on! We are investing heavily in Finance and Accounting in 2019. Our next Manager, Accounting will design our month-end closing process from scratch. You’ll play an important role in the selection and implementation of key systems. Most importantly, you’ll grow a small team; while partnering with our Controller to drive the overall direction of accounting & finance at NEXT Trucking.
What You’ll Do
- Implement the month end close process with complete and accurate month end closing schedules
- Meet with divisional leaders to understand the business and reporting needs to develop GAAP financial reporting under new accounting system
- Bring month end close within business guidelines with implementation of comprehensive month end schedules
- Take lead or assist in the full implementation of new accounting system and the creation of GAAP financials, budget-to-actual & management reporting; in addition to KPI metrics
- Take lead or assist in the implementation of an expense reimbursement and requisition systems
- Manage all accounting activities of the Accounting department, and ensure success by sharing knowledge and promoting team development
What You’ll Need to Have
- About 7+ years of experience
- Experience working for a high-growth venture backed tech startup
- Proven ability to perform in a chaotic, ever changing environment
- A playbook you can leverage to implement new processes & controls required to be GAAP compliant; plus, create company-wide reporting
- Experience growing & managing a small team
- Patience, lots of patience
- Ideally, experience with SOX; consulting experience a plus
- Undergraduate degree (ideally in Accounting), CPA highly preferred
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $450B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating an on-demand platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and be able to have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised over $21M led by Sequoia Capital. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as C.H. Robinson, Apple, Idealab, Kareo and GoFundMe. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
Read Full Job Description