Loan Processor | Real Estate Startup
REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate tech startup located in Woodland Hills, CA. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions, sells homes faster and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers. Having proven the effectiveness of REX model in 2016 and grown rapidly in 2017, REX is expanding nationwide in 2018.
The REX Home Loans (RHL) team is seeking a Processor/Loan Advisor to create excitement with prospective customers regarding the use of RHL, as well as build the RHL book of business. This individual’s goal would be to drive prospects and loan application conversions by building relationships with potential customers, explaining RHL’s value proposition, and showcasing product offerings.
- Assist clients in securing a loan by explaining the process, lending requirements, and available products
- Take loan application per company and lending requirements
- Identify potential issues and communicate to consumer and management
- Request supporting documentation from borrower within required timeframes
- Order and review all third party documentation, including credit checks, title reports, appraisals, tax returns, verifications of employment/assets, etc. to identify and address potential issues
- Check ratios, and verify accuracy of AUS findings and program applicability
- Review and verify documentation integrity to ensure it aligns with findings, completeness and compliance, and submit loan file to underwriting for approval
- Identify qualifying/program issues prior to submission to Underwriting
- Update and verify accuracy of data input into system
- Verify compliance with Company standards, federal and agency regulations, standards, and guidelines, as well as any applicable state-specific and or local regulations, ordinances, etc.
- Obtain and verify clearance of all underwriting conditions
- Order generation of loan documents
- Provide status updates to management, borrower's, escrow and agents
- Scheduling and tracking of closing dates, contingency dates and loan lock expirations
- Provide world-class customer service and respectful, consultative guidance to your clients
- NMLS License preferred
- 3 or more years of experience in a mortgage lending preferably pre-qualifying, reviewing, and analyzing loans
- Knowledge of federal and state laws pertaining to the mortgage-banking industry.
- Proficiency with DU and LP
- Knowledge of loan origination systems and functionality
- Strong Knowledge of Conventional, FHA, VA, CalHFA guidelines and processes
- Strong customer service, self-motivated with solid time management skills
- Customer-first, solutions-oriented, and start-up mentality
- Excellent disposition, mindset, communication skills and work ethic
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail while meeting deadlines
- Strong listening, problem solving skills and out of box thinking
- Team player with a high sense of urgency and a go-getter attitude
- An inherent love of and desire to serve clients and create something unique and fantastic
- A commitment to integrity and customer service
The Loan Processor/Advisor position is a full-time, salaried position with advancement opportunities in a fast-growing tech startup.