Head of Accounting and Tax
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Bird is looking for a VP of Accounting & Tax to oversee all Accounting & Tax operations. You will be a vital member of the leadership team at Bird as you help scale the department and create more efficient workflows.
What You'll Do
- Lead and develop a team of professionals while building out goals, identifying key performance indicators, and determining strategic projects for the team to meet yearly initiatives.
- Stay up to date on the constant flux of domestic and international tax policy proposals or changes; shaping tax policy and legislation for the company.
- Oversee all general accounting operations, financial reporting, tax reporting, compliance, internal and external financials, SEC reporting, audit matters, cash management and corporate tax matters.
- Lead the implementation of financial systems, processes and controls.
- Build and forecast tax rate projections.
- Foster cross functional relationships with Legal, Finance, etc.
- Prepare Bird effectively for IPO readiness.
- Manager complex global M&A due diligence, structuring, and post integration.
- Negotiation with international tax authorities and regulators. Oversee complex tax and corporate structuring.
- Supervise the timely preparation and completion of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements, including those for regulatory compliance.
- Discuss tax policy with leaders around the world.
- Manage accounting policies and end to end process management.
What You'll Need
- 15+ years of Accounting and Tax experience in both public and private settings; with experience building and scaling a department
- Prior Big 4 public accounting experience
- Experience implementing new systems, processes, and control environments
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance; Master’s Degree preferred
- Strong understanding of International Tax regulations
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description