LegalZoom is the nation’s leading provider of personalized, online legal solutions and legal documents for small businesses and families. We are a high-growth, fast-paced company, with a mission to disrupt the legal industry by bringing great legal help to people at a reasonable price. We believe in hard work, passion for what we do and how we deliver, and innovation in all areas of the organization.
As part of this dynamic team, the Global Finance team is seeking an accounting professional who is familiar with a variety of accounting concepts, business practices, and procedures. We seek an individual who embraces challenges and can rely on his/her experience, educational background and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the general ledger team and responsible for the accurate recording and reconciliation of our accounting transactions. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, be a coach to develop our accounting staff, have exceptional technical strength that can provide proactive guidance and leadership on a range of transactions. We are looking for a CPA with strong analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills and someone with the skills necessary to navigate a complicated environment and influence people in a fast-growing company.
What you’ll do:
- Support and work closely with the Corporate Controller and Director of Accounting
- Work actively and timely with external auditors
- Assist in financial statement audits, tax audits, and other audits as necessary
- Responsible for reconciling and reviewing balance sheet accounts each month
- Prepare key GAAP financial statements and related disclosures including statement of cash flows
- Lead and review/post journal entries and batches for team members as part of daily, weekly and monthly close reviews
- Prepare consolidations and understand foreign exchange reporting
- Prepare and review internal financial reports and ancillary reports, provide commentary and explanations
- Assist in the review and documentation of existing controls and providing recommendations for improvement where necessary
- Coordinate project management over the close activities including with our subsidiaries
- Assist in strengthening the month-end process complete with a close calendar
- Perform technical accounting research as necessary
- Ad-hoc reporting and analytics
- Must have an active CPA certification and 5 year accounting degree
- 5+ years of previous public company or Big-4 experience with large companies including experience with internal controls over financial reporting
- Experience with Oracle Cloud or JD Edwards is essential
- Significant Technology and/or Software industry experience
- Strong technical accounting background and excellent documentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.