Greater LA Area
Who we are...
AvantStay delivers exceptional, unique stays for group travelers. The company has built a tech-enabled millennial hospitality brand to be the new standard for group experience. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry.
What we are looking for...
A Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst who will drive our financial planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis. In this role you will have unique visibility across the entire company and serve as a key liaison between our teams in market and HQ. You will turn your analyses into deep insights, communicate these insights to key stakeholders and executives, and drive strategic decision making. You will work cross-functionally and empower leaders across the company by delivering strategic analyses and actionable insights.
What you’ll do…
- Partner effectively with functional teams to produce and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts and budgets, tracking them against actual performance, and delivering insights to management.
- Support the team with regular financial reporting, metrics and analysis, as well as ad-hoc financial analyses and projects.
- Maintain company operating model and work with executive team for raising equity and debt capital through various rounds of complex financing.
- Build complex models that support the implementation, execution and progress, of innovative and strategic decisions.
- Work with operations managers forecast City P&Ls, assist with strategic planning and performance evaluation.
- Develop and maintain department-specific financial models and dashboards to provide business leaders and managers with insights into their KPIs.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and presentations, including work to be presented to company executives and the Board of Directors, and assist with the fundraising process, which will provide you with exposure to world-class venture capital funds.
- Improve financial insights by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, and recommending actions to management.
What you’ll bring…
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 2 years investment banking at top-tier investment bank 1-3 years of experience in public and/or high-growth startup FP&A, audit/assurance, or other corporate finance roles.
- You have a strong business acumen and know that problem-solving goes beyond the numbers. You can think through multiple scenarios and apply strategic judgment to assist with decision making.
- Natural talent and energy: You are a self-starter and have a bias for action. You will have a unique opportunity to help shape the FP&A function, create new analyses and create cross-functional projects.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, demonstrated ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of assets using financial modelling techniques. Demonstrated ability to effectively define and resolve problems that balance multiple needs and interests.
- Excellent communication and people skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth company. Proven ability to build strong working relationships with business partners and are seen as a trusted advisor.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
- Salary: $70,000 - $100,000 (depending on experience)
- Stock option plan
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties
- Dog-friendly office
When you join AvantStay…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. Of course, we will offer you pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. AvantStay is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Perks and Benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity...
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Read Full Job Description