At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
We are seeking an extremely smart and effective Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager to join our Accounting team. This individual will be our resident GAAP expert, tasked with ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of our accounting records, crafting complex accounting memos, implementing internal controls to safeguard the company, and driving process improvements to establish a more efficient work environment. A key function of this role will also be to support the preparation and distribution of financial statements for external use, including periodic reports filed with the SEC on Form 10-Q and 10-K, ensuring financial statements are in accordance with US GAAP and SEC regulations. This individual will play a crucial role in building a strong financial foundation for a rapidly growing company with a great mission. This individual will report to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting and Quality and will collaborate with other members of the accounting and finance team and other business stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a knack for rolling up their sleeves and jumping into the financial weeds while also acting as a self-directed, assured leader who can own their role with minimal oversight. This is a key role within the Accounting team and provides a great opportunity for professional growth.
- Serve as company expert on US GAAP technical accounting matters and financial disclosure requirements
- Regularly collaborate with accounting and finance leaders to identify, research, resolve and communicate findings on accounting-related questions regarding business transactions and other non-routine matters
- Ensure highest quality of accounting activities across entities: month-end close, balance sheet reconciliations, consolidation, financial reporting, etc.
- Perform technical accounting and implementation within a broad range of topics, including leases, business combinations, stock-based compensation, and revenue. Lead in the crafting of detailed accounting memos related to acquisitions, divestitures, complex contracts, and other arrangements
- Assist in acquisition accounting and transaction structuring relating to any M&A activity
- Develop and document internal controls, coordinate and assist with annual audits and quarterly reviews, initiate corrective actions when necessary
- Assist in the preparation of the Company's SEC financial reporting complying with US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations and meet the highest standards of relevance, transparency, and clarity; assist in the preparation and review of supporting schedules underlying the financial information included in the financial reports
- Ad hoc financial analysis and reporting in support of executives
- Lead and train accounting staff, but also willing to perform their tasks directly as necessary
- Other miscellaneous administrative duties, such as contract and stock option plan reviews, insurance assessment, Board reporting, auditing, etc.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- 6+ years of mix of "Big Four" public accounting and industry experience preferred; 5+ years of big 4 public accounting experience is required; 1-2 years of industry experience is a plus
- CPA license is required
- Expert understanding of GAAP including ASC 606 (Revenue), ASC 718 (Stock Compensation), ASC 805 (Business Combinations), ASC 842 (Leases)
- Excellent Excel and analytical skills, including VLookUps, Pivot Tables, etc.
- Exposure to SOX 404b testing and understanding of COSO framework
- Strong understanding or experience with SEC rules and regulations; experience with S-X 3-05 and S-X Article 11 is a plus
- Public company and/or IPO experience is a big plus
- Extremely organized and autonomous
- Business-minded with superb communication skills
- Equally gifted tactician and delegator; an affinity for the daily nitty-gritty is essential
- Comfortable in a dynamic and fast-moving organization
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.
Read Full Job Description