Financial Crimes Analyst Senior II at City National Bank (Remote)
FINANCIAL CRIMES ANALYST SENIOR II
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Responsible for reporting and metrics for Financial Crimes Compliance (FCC) department. Responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing reporting and tracking capablities within the department, including data analytics. Assist with buidling out the reporting function within FCC. Responsible for creating and maintaining dashboards and reporting presentations, for use at management and committee reporting. Will also assist in data lineage and mapping excerising and assist with FCC Risk Assessment and Issue Management processes. The reporting function is within the Program Management unit within Financial Crimes Compliance Department.
Risk Management Division
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Risk Management team. The focus is on ensuring business activities remain safe, compliant and well-positioned for future opportunity and sustainable growth.
What you will do
- Designing and managing the execution of AML insights and analytics reporting based on bank's AML program business specifications and BSA governance framework.
- Using project management skills to effectively manage or lead projects, which could include gathering business requirements, write-up functional specifications, creating test scripts, performing user acceptance testing, implementation of additional system functionality, or setting new solution thresholds after solution tuning.
- Functional system stakeholders with technical and business expertise that can work with complex problems, issues, and processes.
- Analyze system problems and drive resolution to ensure the AML tracking and monitoring and/or OFAC solutions process run smoothly. Working with Technology and Innovation department to resolve technology incidents as required.
- Act as liaison between IT and business users with technical and functional business expertise to document business requirements, define scope, and objective, and create system specifications that drive system development and implementation.
- Documenting comprehensively all aspects of the AML reporting metrics and/or OFAC screening solutions
- Working with the model business owner, model developer owner, and lead model validator to resolve model-related issues in the timeframe.
- Maintain current awareness and understanding of appropriate banking laws, regulations, internal policies, and procedures, and to comply fully with those laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 7 years of business system analyst experience with AML and OFAC technology systems.
- Minimum 7 years of SQL experience (writing and optimizing SQL queries, custom SQL reports to support business requirements and analyze the data)
- Minimum 7 years of experience with administration of systems that supports financial data
- Minimum 7 years of experience with system and application implementation/enhancement projects
- Minimim 5 years of experience with metrics and reporting functions.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent process management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, senior managers, executives, and subject matter experts.
- Experience utilizing research/investigative databases and software application to analyze and detect transaction patterns and trends (or similar role).
- Independent worker and a critical thinker; can multi-task and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize ideas and opportunities through business judgment and fact-based business and financial analysis
- Ability to work with internal stakeholders (e.g., Compliance; Technology and Innovations; Operations; Audit).
- Strong knowledge in MS Word, Excel and MS Access.
- Working knowledge of financial analysis techniques.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of BSA/AML Regulations and PATRIOT ACT, a plus.
- Knowledge of Nice Actimize, Power BI, Tableau, Crowe MRM-Caliber, a plus.
Starting base salary: $37.96 - $60.64 per hour. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Benefits and Perks
At City National, we strive to be the best at whatever we do, including the benefits and perks we offer our colleagues. Get an inside look at our Benefits and Perks .
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.'
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.