Inspire makes it simple for every home to transform into a smart home. The company’s groundbreaking subscription is the first to seamlessly integrate 100% clean energy, smart tech, and full home automation into one monthly service. Powered by a proprietary analytics engine, the Inspire Smart Home app allows members to create and control a completely personal home experience. Inspire empowers people to live more purposefully and sustainably every day, moving us all towards a brighter energy future.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in sunny Santa Monica, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
You're a hands-on leader that leverages your cross-functional teamwork skills to partner with teams in all areas in the business, but with an emphasis on collaboration with Business Intelligence. You'll oversee all aspects of accounting, prepare financial reporting for multiple stakeholders, manage external audits and be responsible for tax compliance and planning. You’re ready to build world class capabilities to enable rapid growth and to support new products and markets. You also have a keen desire to develop and mentor the members of your team.
- Monthly financial close and reporting package
- Managing and completing annual audits
- Managing cash and treasury functions
- Credit facility compliance and reporting
- Ownership of auditor relationship and annual financial audit processes
- Implementing appropriate controls, processes and procedures
- Identifying and implementing appropriate systems/ERP to support growth
- Hedge accounting
- Tax compliance and planning
- 8+ years in public accounting and/or high growth companies
- Big 4 or national firm experience
- US GAAP financial reporting and note disclosures
- Experience leading, building, and coaching team members
- Attention to detail and desire to have accurate, timely and meaningful reporting
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, changing environment where priorities can change
- Track record of implementing or changing processes in a high growth environment
- CPA or BA/BS in Finance / Accounting
ABOUT OUR CULTURE & BENEFITS:
Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant.
Inspires calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy. Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most consumer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
Inspire Energy offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance. And you want a standing desk? You got it.