Finance plays a pivotal role managing the company’s financial performance and shaping its strategic priorities. The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team is responsible for facilitating the coordination, consolidation, reporting and analysis of the overall forecast process; Board of Director reporting, supporting the quarterly earnings process, pricing and valuation of deals across the company, and long-term planning/strategic initiatives. Financial Analyst will be primarily responsible for supporting all the financial and business metrics planning, reporting and analysis processes (Budget/Forecast/Actual) and working with various functional teams across the organization.
- Responsible for the preparation and detailed review of the monthly financial reporting schedules, with focus on understanding and explaining variances in operating expenses results against Plan/Forecast, Prior Year.
- Support the monthly financial close preparation by working with the accounting teams in review of key P&L line items to determine appropriate expense accruals ( marketing programs, software maintenance fees, bandwidth, breakfix, commissions)
- Assist in the development of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts. Responsibilities include communication of calendar and tasks, preparation of budgeting tool(s) for department users, collection of department input, interface with departments to provide and or confirm assumptions, consolidation of all submissions, validation/review of all inputs in all dimensions (total company, by cost center, by venue, by account, by line of business), & preparation of materials for presentation of plan/forecast to CFO
- Manage the preparation of monthly KPI reporting.
- Serve as a power-user in Oracle Enterprise Planning & Budgeting system (EPBCS)
- Serve as point of contact in investigating/evaluating ad hoc business questions. Work with the Data Architecture & Analytics (DAA) team in creating BI reports to support these analyses
- Partner with CTO and VPs of Operations by providing expert knowledge and insightful analysis on high-visibility, complex, and key expense drivers (software maintenance fees contracts, capitalized salaries)
- Support quarter-end reporting requirements for auditors/CFO/board of directors
- Manage quarterly capital expenditure and cash reconciliation
- Flexible work from home options available
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Economics/Business
- 2+ years of progressive background in financial analysis preferably in an FP&A role with a knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
- Excellent Excel and financial modeling skills
- Experience in Oracle Enterprise Planning & Budgeting, Oracle Fusion (General Ledger)
- Working knowledge of business analytical tools (Oracle Business Intelligence, Tableau, MicroStrategy) and experience with databases
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter and able to work independently
Successful applicant must comply with the federal contractor Covid-19 Workplace Safety mandate requirements.
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA five years in a row and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status.
COVID-19 update: Yes, Boingo is hiring! Through our vast footprint of wireless networks, Boingo helps the world stay connected to the people and things they love. Our mission is as important now, as ever. Your health and safety, and that of our employees is also important. We conduct video interviews, and practice public health recommendations of the CDC and local authorities.
The health, happiness, and welfare of our team – current and future teammates – is our top concern. Therefore, we’re conducting our “in-person” interviews via video, proving the power of virtual connection. We can still get to know one another, while following the latest public health recommendations. So, connect with Boingo today, and help us continue to connect the world with the people and things they love