Financial Analyst at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
At Relativity, we create the platform to build the future of humanity in space. Leveraging 3D printing, we revolutionize the way rockets are built and flown. We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our growing team at our headquarters in Los Angeles. As the first Financial Analyst, you will build and use the tools that we will need to make key financial decisions around designing, building, and launching the next generation of spaceships. The tools you will build will be used across the entire business, and will draw insight from diverse production and engineering data sets. They will establish a first-principles approach to understanding cost and factory performance, and then validate actual operations against that analysis. In this role, you will be a highly trusted and independent partner in making smart decisions about how we grow and operate our business. You will report to the Financial Planning & Analysis Lead.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
To help us re-imagine the way rockets are built and flown, as Relativity’s first Financial Analyst, you will
- Collaborate with engineering and production to make critical investment decisions in vehicle design and factory capacity and capabilities
- Prepare and report actionable financial metrics to key decision makers
- Analyze complex production issues and support engineering in deriving smart and scrappy solutions to keep to production schedule, cost, and quality goals
- Manage and draw insight from large and diverse data sets (SQL and noSQL databases, including graph)
- Play a key role in developing business analytics tools that will integrate with the wider company code-base
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies.
- 1-2 years of experience in corporate finance for a manufacturing business, strategic consulting, industrial engineering, or production steering
- Outstanding ability to build models that draw insight from large and varied data sets
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Always an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Comfortable with high-volume workload and self-driven prioritization
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency in python development
- Advanced SQL and noSQL query writing
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.