About The Brand
Overview and Responsibilities
The Financial Analyst, Technology will immediately contribute towards optimizing the growth and performance of our Engineering, Product, and Business Intelligence resources across the Pluto TV brand. This role is part of the Financial Planning & Analysis team and will work closely with all of the Pluto TV functional leads on their internal/external resource planning and forecasting.
The role will directly contribute to executive decision-making at all levels of the organization with insights and analysis on internally developed technology products and report to the Manager, FP&A for Pluto TV.
This is a meaningful role to our team with a wide range of responsibilities, including the following:
- Reporting and Dashboards: Augmenting existing planning processes to ensure accurate and timely reporting. Collaborating with the Technology, Product, PMO and Marketing teams to craft, improve and manage internal and external resource dashboards, monitor business performance, analyze business drivers, and provide meaningful insights and visualization of important metrics.
- Cost Forecasts: Working with various leaders to handle priority accounts and to run forecast models for tech spend including CDNs, SAAS products, DevOps etc. Additionally, developing financial modeling forecasts for new, prospective partners using internal metrics to support.
- Financial Analysis: Developing business models, forecasts, and recommendations based on findings. Providing detailed monthly and quarterly financial overviews to management. Participating and supporting the month-end close process including accruals.
- Vendor Management: Collaborating with various Pluto TV departments and external vendors to ensure timely, and accurate payments and purchase orders. Work with internal teams on pricing and optimal contractual terminology.
- Contract Negotiations: Assist leads with total cost of ownership analysis of new contracts in collaboration with ViacomCBS vendor management and strategic sourcing.
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in the role:
- 3+ years of related work experience in finance/FP&A within a technology-focused organization, or in Tech finance, preferably in a business partnership role.
- Advanced financial modeling and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in financial systems (ERP/EMP) and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Alteryx) with a willingness (and quick ability) to learn new software. Basic querying proficiency preferred.
- Incredible analytical skills with prior experience working with complex datasets, allocation matrices, and consolidations.
- Understanding of SAAS products and an interest in new technology.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - be able to handle and synthesize large datasets to deliver critical insights in an easy-to-digest format for management and external partners.
- Business Model development and Forecasting abilities with prior experience working on capital planning and or deal reviews and submissions.