Financial Analyst Senior at City National Bank (Greater LA Area, CA)
FINANCIAL ANALYST SENIOR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Works with the Group Finance Manager(s) to perform monthly financial reporting and performance analysis, develop quarterly financial forecasts, coordinate and prepare annual budgets, and perform ad hoc analysis and reporting, business case analyses, and other special projects
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Finance team. This group records, analyzes, reports and optimizes to maintain the bank's financial health, while following principles and legislation to ensure we're doing what's right.
What you will do
- Responsible for developing and maintaining monthly financial and other reports and performing various financial analyses on monthly financial performance for assigned businesses.
- Assist with the development of financial information, including developing inputs based on sound reasoning given competitive and economic conditions, as well as preparing presentations for management review.
- Assist with the coordination and development of annual business line budgets based on the Bank's and the business lines' strategic plans and prepare presentations for management review.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and reporting for a wide range of purposes, including financial and economic analysis, transfer pricing, cost accounting, business line compensation, among others.
- *Minimum of 5 years of financial analysis experience required.
- *Minimum of 5 years advanced Excel experience including minimum of 2 year complex formula/function development, writing macros in VBA, and utilizing PivotTables and other methods to manipulate large datasets.
- *Minimum of 2 years of experience working in Microsoft Office
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to accurately, thoroughly and efficiently handle/analyze a high data volume; organize analyzed data into simple, complete and concise presentation formats; envision the global issue, separate symptoms from causes, research thoroughly; weigh costs/benefits and derive sound conclusions.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects at the same time, working under tight deadlines.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills to interact with all levels of Bank personnel and strong analytical skills required.
- Experience with Cognos TM1 and Peoplesoft a plus.
- Strong organizational skills - ability to handle multiple task simultaneously.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships. Effective at building appropriate rapport.
- Outstanding oral communications, written, and presentation skills; Solid business acumen and ability to convey complex concepts.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and work successfully both independently and in a team.
- Proactively addresses routine questions and problems and attempts to address complex issues prior to referring to higher levels.
Starting base salary: $87,027 - $138,965 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Benefits and Perks
At City National, we strive to be the best at whatever we do, including the benefits and perks we offer our colleagues. Get an inside look at our Benefits and Perks .
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.'
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.