PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
PlayQ is looking for a Finance Manager to join our passionate team. As the Finance Manager, you’ll be responsible for working directly with the CFO to implement a streamlined month-end close process, monthly reforecasting, and manage cash flow. Responsibilities in this role will range from day-to-day accounting functions to financial analysis over business development and strategy. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced gaming company on an upward growth trajectory, offering significant opportunity for career growth.
- Generate monthly management accounts and financial statements following a streamlined closing process
- Manage the monthly financial and cash flow forecasting
- Help generate the annual budgets and long range plan
- Document internal controls and newly implemented processes
- Play a role in implementing a new accounting/ERP system
- Assist in the annual/periodic external audits of the company
- Evolve role into business development, financial analysis and strategic planning
- Collaborate with different departments in organization to collect and provide business information
- Work directly with CFO
- 4 year accounting/finance degree from an accredited college / university
- 4-6 years of accounting, financial analyst or management experience
- Expert in Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Ability to complete and help design a monthly close process
- Understanding of US GAAP/IFRS as well as financial analysis and forecasting
- Experience working in the mobile gaming industry
- CPA strongly preferred
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!