We are looking for a Finance Manager that is passionate about developing a deep understanding of the business and using data to drive insightful decision-making. This role will lead financial planning and business forecasting across a global organization, as well as partner across departments to drive key business initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Lead annual operational planning and reforecasts, including budgeting for headcount, OPEX, and capital allocation
- Report on monthly financial performance and analyze variances to plan/forecast
- Prepare board presentations and investor communications
- Serve as a proactive business partner across all markets and business functions (e.g., Credit, Growth, Operations, Product, Tech)
- Build and scale repeatable business processes to enable better and faster insights - including custom analytics tools and streamlined financial reporting that can leveraged across the organization
- Monitor and analyze key drivers of the business (e.g. growth, repayment, conversion, CAC, cohort performance, unit economics/lifetime value of customer), and collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive actionable insights
- Perform industry benchmarking (e.g. ROI, market comparables, market sizing, etc.) to identify strengths/weaknesses in the business and understand market trends
- Invest in the team - bring your own personality, quirks and let’s have fun while leveling each other, and the business, up!
Who you are:
- You have the ability to translate insights into action. You not only build complex financial models, but you’re able to distill key learnings and translate numbers into compelling and clear narratives
- A collaborative self-starter. You’re excited to pursue new initiatives and love to partner with cross-functional leads to move the business forward
- A highly effective project manager. You are able to coordinate across teams and time zones, and manage multiple initiatives — delegating work and involving the broader team when necessary
- A highly innovative problem-solver. You approach a problem from different perspectives and use your holistic understanding of the business to see new opportunities/risks
- A mentor. You have led teams and are an integral part in the development of their careers
- Passionate about social enterprise and find meaning in working to make the world a better place
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics or other quantitative degree
- 5+ years of relevant finance experience in analytical roles - such as FP&A, strategic finance, investment banking, private equity, and/or management consulting. Bonus points for experience at a high-growth tech startup!
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence in an unstructured, cross-functional environment
- Deeply analytical problem-solver. Bonus points for experience with data analytics languages (e.g. SQL, Python) and/or data visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Amplitude, Tableau)
- Excellent proficiency in Excel
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Mexico City, and Bangalore.