Finance Manager at NEXT Trucking
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:51 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, December 7, 2019
NEXT was founded with a vision to implement solutions and bring change to a fragmented industry. As a FreightTech pioneer, we are designing technology-driven solutions to transform the $800B U.S. shipping & trucking industry. Our platform connects shippers with freight capacity for every step of a shipment’s journey.
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to provide world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and make freight painless.
Armed with experienced professionals from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. We have been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
From day one you will: partner across functions to optimize operations, provide insightful analysis and recommendations, support/own portions of the budgeting and forecasting processes and output, and produce analysis and support to our financial sponsors and the board. Besides being an FP&A whiz; you are articulate, patient, and hungry for rapid career growth. You love managing high-visibility projects and partnering with executives to help drive business results.
What You'll Do
- Thought leadership
- Analysis of industry, business trends, and KPIs for the finance and overall organization
- Forecasting, Budgeting, Reporting
- Prepare revenue forecasts, annual budgets, and long-range plans
- Drive scenario and sensitivity analyses to support company strategy
- Dashboard production and automation
- Spin up ad-hoc dashboards
- Forecasting and budgeting system improvements
- Build a deep understanding of our revenue model
What You'll Have
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in forecasting, financial modeling, analysis, and project management
- Investment banking experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a major in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Math (Statistics); MBA preferred
- Experience forecasting 3 statement models
- Understand financial statements and basic accounting principles
- Exceptional project management skills
- Comfortable working with large data sets
- Well-versed in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Netsuite experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present to senior leadership
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong work ethic and ability to work extended hours
- Easily adapt to changing environment and responsibilities based on organizational needs
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
- Flex Hours (we know SoCal traffic)
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description