Greater LA Area
The future of publishing and e-commerce is data. OnPoint is a leading data-driven, online publisher and service based e-commerce provider. Leveraging premium and contextual domain names combined with original content and large audiences, OnPoint is building a robust, highly monetizable "Signal Graph."
OnPoint’s proprietary content products focus on the How-To, DIY (Do-It-Yourself), and DIFM (Do-It-For-Me) markets with a strong consumer value proposition. With more consumer data, we are able to increase the LTV of their signal data and put services in front of the right people at the point in their lives when they need it. While the multibillion dollar service-based economy is rapidly growing, their three-core product sets stay focused on 100s of reference guides, instructional books, and digital services.
If you are a team player and innovative thinker, if you like to find solutions and you feel comfortable working in a casual environment, this is the right place for you!
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our growing team and focus on operational improvements while managing all the business affairs in our office in San Jose, Costa Rica. This role will support the team in creating a better and more cost effective operation by leveraging data in order to provide insights and recommendations. The Finance Manager will work very closely with our SVP of Product Operations and Operations Manager on business management and process improvement.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
· Operational reporting and quality reports to provide guidance to the Call Center Sales Team.
· Financial modeling, benchmarking, evaluating KPI and operational drivers for financial analysis.
· Leverage existing data sources to drive scalable analysis of business growth drivers and trends.
· Strategize on revenue increase and cost decrease opportunities.
· Improve financial status by performing variance analysis, identifying trends, and recommending actions to management.
· Function as a business leader and a solutions developer, leveraging technological know-how and resources to provide process & reporting solutions within time constraints.
· Partner with company management to assist in formulating and implementing financial processes and controls that drive top and bottom-line outcomes while minimizing risk.
· Produce periodical productivity analysis and create several ad-hoc reports for upper management.
· Prepare all local statutory reporting and ensure compliance with local regulations
· Review payroll and payroll tax submissions
· Implement the same financial processes and internal controls established in Onpoint U.S.
· Develop annual budget and explain variances on a monthly basis
· Prepare month-end reports for presentation to management
· Assist with maintenance and documentation of accounting policies
· Monitor compliance with all applicable policies and procedures
· Coordinate all legal and tax issues
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal
· Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Finance or related field.
· 5-7 years of experience in a financial/operational role
· Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office, databases, web-based applications
· Significant work experience with Agile sprints, SQL queries development
· Significant experience with Tableau
· Experience communicating with and preparing reports for executive-level management
· Ability to establish formal processes and manage multiple priorities effectively
Read Full Job Description