PlayQ is a rapidly growing mobile gaming studio based in the heart of sunny Santa Monica. Our titles have been downloaded over 60 million times worldwide, with millions of users playing our games every day!
Our goal is to deliver tomorrow's nostalgic game experiences to a global audience and we rely on our dedicated team to craft these unforgettable games that our users love. We believe that the best games come from diverse teams with a shared desire to create something amazing. From our beachfront headquarters to our innovative tech stack, it’s no surprise that PlayQ was named as one of the 2018 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
We're looking for people who have a genuine love for their craft and we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor.
PlayQ is looking for a Finance Manager to join our passionate team. As the Finance Manager, you’ll be responsible for working directly with the CFO to implement a streamlined month-end close process, monthly reforecasting, and manage cash flow. Responsibilities in this role will range from day-to-day accounting functions to financial analysis over business development and strategy. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced gaming company on an upward growth trajectory, offering significant opportunity for career growth.
- Generate monthly management accounts and financial statements following a streamlined closing process
- Manage the monthly financial and cash flow forecasting
- Help generate the annual budgets and long range plan
- Document internal controls and newly implemented processes
- Play a role in implementing a new accounting/ERP system
- Assist in the annual/periodic external audits of the company
- Evolve role into business development, financial analysis and strategic planning
- Collaborate with different departments in organization to collect and provide business information
- Work directly with CFO
- 4 year accounting/finance degree from an accredited college / university
- 4-6 years of accounting, financial analyst or management experience
- Expert in Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Ability to complete and help design a monthly close process
- Understanding of US GAAP/IFRS as well as financial analysis and forecasting
- Experience working in the mobile gaming industry
- Experience using Netsuite a plus
- CPA strongly preferred
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!