Finance Director (NAMR) at BCG Digital Ventures
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Operations at BCGDV
Our Operations team is the internal force that drives our business forward. It’s where organizational insight meets operational excellence. From Human Resources and Information Technology to Marketing and Finance, they are a dedicated group of one-of-a-kind problem-solvers with a deep commitment to world-class business services.
- Improve the US Commercial Finance team’s Practice Area alignment with the evolving needs of the business
- Lead the development of forward-looking analytics and planning to support strategic decisions and present recommendations to senior leadership spanning pricing, revenues, profitability, staffing capacity, billability, headcount, sales pipeline, demand and real estate and any other strategic challenges
- Manage the financial controllership of all ventures by working with ventures teams to setup budgets, report on financial performance and forecast revenues and expenses for US ventures
- Improve the new deal approval process to agree to commercial terms, investment, budget, and P&L impacts. Drive deals to Operating Committees for investment asks and policy exceptions
- Own month-end close process, including but not limited to processing revenue, posting absorptions, invoicing, and managing AR/WIP
- Support leadership meetings by developing presentations covering commercial updates
- Lead the development and maintenance of the US BI capability in Tableau
- Identify and implement improvements to Commercial Finance processes to improve information quality, efficiency and responsiveness
- Draft and implement revenue recognition policy
- Engage with the NAMR partner team and act as thought-partner to drive their individual performance, improve pipeline management and to understand revenue, offering, and billable headcount demand outlook
- Also support the needs of the partnership by triaging deals, driving penetration and BizDev discussions, and steering theocap investments
- Liaise with regional managing partner and center managing partners to align on tactical decisions
- Own and manage bi-weekly West and East Coast pipeline management calls to discuss venture activity and outlook, sales, BizDev, supply vs demand, partner load management
- Lead monthly commercial operating committee meeting including agenda, slide content and analytics, and attendees
- Drive own CRM (Pipedrive) updates, analytics and reports
You should have:
- 10-15 years' experience in Finance or Sales Operations Management, ideally in a Managment Consultancy or Professional Services organization
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Finance with an MBA preffered
- Strong organizational and process management skills combined with an ability to multi-task and priorities in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build excellent working relationships with senior stakeholders and with geographically dispersed teams
- Tableau experience and a working knowledge of Salesforce and/or other CRM tools required
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy and exceptional out of the box thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Excel a must and working knowledge of MS Office
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.