Finance and Operations Associate – Saatchi Art
Saatchi Art is the world’s leading online art gallery, established with the goal of helping people all over the world connect with art and artists they love. We offer an unparalleled selection of paintings, drawings, sculpture, and photography in a wide range of prices, and provide artists worldwide with an expertly curated environment in which to exhibit and sell their work. Based in Los Angeles, Saatchi Art is redefining the experience of buying and selling art, making it welcoming and accessible for artists and collectors alike.
We are looking for a Finance and Operations Associate to work alongside our Saatchi Art Hospitality team from our Santa Monica office. Our Hospitality team works with clients all over the world, curating custom art programs for luxury hotels, cruise ships, corporate offices and restaurants.
Leaf Group is a diversified consumer internet company that builds enduring, creator-driven brands that reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories, including fitness and wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com and MyPlate App), and art and design (Saatchi Art, Society6 and Hunker). For more information about Leaf Group, visit www.leafgroup.com.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our business forward. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Hospitality Finance and Operations Associate grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Chief Curator and Vice-President, Saatchi Art
A typical day as a Finance and Operations Project Associate might include:
- Financial processes such as monthly revenue recognition and credit card reconciliation
- Hospitality vendor and fabricator payments
- Project tracking in Trello
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Maintaining profit margin
- Handling artist contracts and payments
- Serving as a liaison between accounting, corporate, and sales teams, as well as customers
- Logistics coordination
- Providing ad-hoc reports as needed
You’ll be successful if you are extremely detail-oriented and have exceptional analytical skills.
What You Have:
- 3 years’ experience in handling financial processes, purchase requisitions, vendor payments, and process improvement required
- Strong reporting and analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel and using spreadsheets and data
- Art background or passion in fine art is a plus, but not required
- Incredible attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to effectively resolve problems and/or roadblocks as they occur, and know when to escalate
- Possess a take-charge attitude, and be a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.