Finance / Accounting Coordinator at Crexi
CREXi is the commercial real estate industry’s fastest growing marketplace, data, and technology platform. We’re dedicated to making commercial real estate easy for the industry and its stakeholders. Using technology, we enable commercial real estate professionals to streamline the process of managing and growing their businesses. Since launching in 2015, we have become the most active marketplace in commercial real estate. We’ve helped CRE professionals transact on over 200,000 commercial listings totaling more than $800 billion in property value.
We are looking to grow our small finance / accounting team with a hard-working and creative individual who wants to experience the full breadth of accounting responsibilities. The ideal candidate is someone that is looking to grow into a career in Accounting / Finance / FP&A and loves to learn. Collaborating in a VC backed startup, the role will have direct input into the modernization / maturation of our team and will have ample opportunity to advance. The candidate will learn and grow every day in a fast paced and dynamic startup environment. Constantly changing responsibilities mean ability to establish efficient processes and attention to detail are highly valued.
- Complete month-end close processes including revenue recognition, cash reconciliation, adjusting journal entries, financial statement creation, etc.
- Control customer contracts, billing, and accounts receivable collections
- Manage accounts payable, process vendor invoices and ensure timeliness of payments
- Maintain data integrity of all accounting transactions
- Assist in preparing and analyzing departmental budgets
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Develop new processes to supercharge our efficiency
- Support non-accounting teams with ad-hoc projects
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts and GAAP principles
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel – formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and a strong attention to detail
- Data analysis & visualization (SQL) or a willingness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Creative mindset - willingness to build new deliverables/processes from scratch
- Rapidly growing startup with a dynamic work environment
- Flexible team structure with ability to progress in career
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Dog friendly
- Collaborative culture, limitless snacks, and numerous team activities