Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Bird is looking for an experienced, driven, and talented Equity Administrator to be a key member in the accounting department.
This member will assist in scaling Bird’s stock administration function as the Company grows globally. The ideal candidate should be a fast learner, great communicator, team player, detailed-oriented and resourceful.
- Use Carta equity management platform to oversee all participant equity plan transactions (grants, exercises etc.) and ensure that they are correctly processed in a timely manner.
- Assist efforts to grow and scale the stock administration function, including enhancing existing manual processes, automating processes and helping to evaluate service providers.
- Prepare equity summary for the board meetings to include new equity grants from new hires, refresh and promotions.
- Ensure global equity reporting and compliance with international tax and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with Mobility team to manage process for mobile employees.
- Respond to questions from employees regarding equity grants and exercises.
- Audit for quarterly reviews, year-end audits, as well as ensuring that internal controls and procedures are in place.
- Reconcile cash and shares related to equity transactions during month end close.
- Provide global training on our equity plans.
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects and reporting as requested.
- BS/BA or equivalent experience
- CEP preferred
- 4+ years of experience in Stock Administration preferred
- Experience with processing equity transactions and managing the systems including system conversions
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, analytical abilities and project management skills
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams, including legal, HR, tax, payroll, and accounting
- Strong/advanced knowledge of Excel
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description