For over 21 years, Viant has been a leader in digital advertising, transforming the way marketers connect their brands with consumers. Our industry-leading software, Adelphic, is used every day by the world’s premier brands and agencies to plan, execute and measure the success of their programmatic advertising campaigns. With a culture built on our key company values of Live, Lead, Create and Figure it Out, we’re serious about investing in our employees and are dedicated to creating an inclusive and collaborative environment. At Viant, you’ll have the chance to make a big impact at an exciting time in our company’s history – we’re growing fast on the heels of our recent IPO. If you’re a strategic thinker and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced industry, we want to hear from you.
Viant is looking for a Director of Technical Accounting. This role is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team at a leading and growing advertising technology company operating in a fast-paced industry. This role would serve as a subject matter expert for US GAAP and financial reporting topics. This includes technical accounting research related to complex company transactions, new and proposed accounting standards, and accountable for the review and oversight of required SEC filings. This position will report directly to the VP Controller.
- Assist in the research of accounting guidance and keep current with technical accounting and reporting rules and regulations.
- Research, analyze, and document complex company transactions, including business combinations/revenue/leases/stock-based compensation, and assist with complex accounting journal entries and reconciliations.
- Prepare technical accounting memos and analysis as needed
- Support SEC filings including the 10K and 10Q, and other SEC filings
- Review the consolidated cash flow statement.
- Coordinate with external auditors regarding technical accounting and financial reporting related deliverables.
- Coordinate with finance team to ensure results are reasonable and fluctuations are researched and explained in the MD&A.
- Provide guidance to business leaders and finance team to ensure significant transactions are properly disclosed.
- Monitor major corporate events, including significant contracts, mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity offerings, stock-based compensation and assess accounting and reporting implications.
- Assist in the reporting of the implementation of new GAAP and SEC standards, including implementation of new leasing accounting standard.
- Monitor and enhance formal processes to ensure that appropriate evidential support is maintained to support all disclosures in the Company's SEC filings and documenting as appropriate.
- Participate in external reporting systems implementations, including automation efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years Big 4 public audit experience highly preferred. Private industry experience must be in an SEC reporting capacity.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting; Active CPA designation required.
- Experience with SEC reporting software ActiveDisclosure preferred.
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
About the Employer: Viant Technology
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 10 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.