In 2021, Inspire will launch several new products in continuation of its novel and rapidly scaling clean energy subscription model.
We are seeking a leader for the pricing function, responsible for development and execution of pricing strategies - designed to optimize total origination value throughout the customer lifecycle (acquisition, retention, upsell/cross-sell, renewal, etc.) across all products / services.
You will lead a multi-disciplinary working team to deploy a methodical testing program and study cohort/segment performance over time to continually evolve our pricing algorithms. This living exercise will operate in tandem with the release of new products, services, or features and expansion into new geographies.
In this role, advanced analytic skills are table stakes; success will require an acute commercial instinct to drive value creation, a strategists mind to formulate novel concepts, cross-functional leadership to enable a collaborative culture of experimentation, and exceptional communication skills to distill key learnings into actionable insights.
THE DIRECTOR, PRICING HAS FOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pricing Strategy Development and Execution: Own design, execution and analysis of market, channel, product specific pricing regimes and their contribution to book performance
- Testing Program: Effective pricing strategy is a living exercise which must leverage a test, learn, apply approach through a framework which is consistent over time to understand market willingness to pay and the impact of various levers on origination performance
- Market Management Insights: Leverage nuanced understanding of competitive landscape, customer LTVs and operational requirements to effectively direct acquisition resources between and within markets to optimize total originated value
- Algorithm Enhancement: Continual research and enhancements to approach to pricing through evolving the algorithm or introducing new data to support more intelligent targeting and segmentation
SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- Partner with General Management, Marketing and Analytics and Finance to enhance monthly testing and offer management process
- Enhance elasticity models and integrate into pricing algorithm
- Deliver Data Acquisition requirements and Pricing strategy to support national Clean Energy Subscription Offering
- Development and refine pricing strategy for expansion of service to new territories and launch of new services like carbon neutral natural gas subscriptions and lifestyle offset products
- Deliver Portfolio LTV targets
- Subscription Sales Mix
- Investment Efficiency
- LTV and components (margin, duration, AAU)
- Highly Analytical
- Strong Commercial Instincts
- Exceptional Communication Skills
- Must Have
- 8-10 years experience in highly analytical/quantitative environments - top management consulting, investment banking, direct response marketing
- Successful history of defining market willingness to pay for a product or suite of products/services
- Demonstrated mastery of test, learn, apply framework
- Proven track record and enthusiasm for building highly effective teams and influencing peer organizations
- Exceptional prioritization and project management skills
- Nice to Have
- Masters degree in quantitative field of study
- Clean Energy experience a plus