Director, Pricing Strategy & Inventory Management
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Viacom company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacom), Facebook (facebook.com/viacom) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacom).
The Director of Pricing Strategy & Inventory Management, will play a central supporting Pluto TV Ad Sales and driving revenue growth through improved yield. Related activities including strategic planning, financial modeling, inventory analysis, and supporting sales and marketing initiatives.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Assist CSO/EVP and the CFO/COO in developing Pluto TV’s long-term strategic sales growth plan and identify new revenue opportunities across the platform’s portfolio.
- Collaborate with Viacom’s current P & I /Pluto TV Monetization team and offer a strong work ethic in a creative and positive work environment.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of OTT industry dynamics and provide well informed POV and the critical thinking required to formulate positions, create complex economic and pricing models and conduct timely deal analysis in both the Upfront and Scatter markets.
- Identify contract risks and opportunities and ensure deal economics are consistent with overall Viacom Ad Solutions strategy.
- Build robust, flexible pricing models to support Ad Sales strategies and deals, evaluate value of inventory and ability to monetize; present strategic and financial plans to the sales team leadership to assist in decision making.
- Support other corporate initiatives, which may include strategic planning, valuations, LRP development, content acquisition analysis, and other projects as needed.
- Partner with senior sales leadership across both Pluto TV and Viacom to formulate new product offerings based on deep knowledge of the products and the industry.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to analyze industry dynamics to formulate robust and timely deal analysis and strategic planning.
- Identify risks and opportunities and ensure deal economics are consistent with Pluto TV strategies.
- Provide regular analysis of Sales Force pipeline data.
- Develop strategic / financial plans and projections prior, during and after upfront season.
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience within a pricing, planning or revenue operations department specializing in ad sales at either with a linear network or online video publisher.
- Experience with financial analysis and modeling of inventory, strategy or business development.
- Knowledge of OTT, online video, cable TV and entertainment industry.
- Analytical strength and process-oriented mindset; ability to identify creative solutions and isolate key issues quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively across a diverse team.
- Outstanding Excel and PowerPoint skills highly desired.
- Systems based knowledge of CRM (Sales Force) and OMS (Wide Orbit)
- Strategic thinker who is intellectually curious and thrives on diving into complex issues; develops and articulates well-supported opinions along with thorough analysis
- Demonstrated analytical strength and process mindset with ability to identify and resolve key issues quickly with limited over-sight.
- Exhibits a tenacious commitment to staying apprised of industry developments and their impact.
- Exceptional execution focus with the ability to multi-task and lead wide ranging business initiatives while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to partner with Sales, Marketing, Content and Distribution leads working cross-functionally on complex business initiatives.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a strong work ethic and demonstrated client service mentality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to clearly articulate rationale and support for positions and results.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Career Level – Mid level management
- Location – LA/NYC - Ability to travel as needed
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
At PlutoTV and Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.