Director, Finance at Pluto TV
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Viacom company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacom), Facebook (facebook.com/viacom) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacom).
We are looking for a Director, FP&A to join the Pluto TV Finance Team! This team is responsible for analyzing, presenting and forecasting the financial and business performance of the company. The team plays a meaningful role in enabling management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions.
This is an opportunity that affords exposure and impact on senior-level decision making.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Playing a lead role in the annual budgeting process, cross-functional analysis, long term financial forecasting and special projects. Your focus will not just be leading the team to financial budgets, but also providing deep insights to move business KPIs.
- Lead monthly financial reviews with the CFO and VP, Finance.
- Drive financial predictability, as measured by the organization’s performance against bi-annual and long-range financial plans.
- Lead the company’s bi-annual and long-range financial planning process, ensuring close coordination with the company’s strategic planning processes, and complete participation/buy-in of key stakeholders across Pluto TV and Viacom.
- Serve as a reliable source of analytical and financial thought leadership to the company’s executive leadership team
- Develop valuation models, sensitivity analysis, and other ad hoc financial models.
- Participate in research/development/implementation process of new systems.
- Perform on-going reporting and analytical projects as well as on an ad-hoc basis as requested
- Financial ownership of headcount and compensation for Pluto TV headcount.
- Use various financial systems to forecast and report compensation expenses and headcount related to monthly/quarterly closes, periodic forecasting, and annual budgeting process
- Partner with HR to align headcount reporting and related expenses to organizational changes
- Direct a team of analysts
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role
- 7+ years of accounting and FP&A experience; prior tech (media or ad tech) experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CPA and prior experience at a Big 4 accounting firm a plus
- Prior experience with digital ad revenues and related recording and recognition (dealing with ad exchanges/SSPs/DSPs such as Spotx, Freewheel, etc.) a big plus
- Strong GAAP knowledge
- Experience with systems implementations
- Excellent organization, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, including experience dealing with management
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
Becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
At PlutoTV and Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.