Director of Finance
Director of Finance & Accounting
Marina del Rey, CA LeaseLock
DOE + Performance Bonus Plan + Full Benefits
Our mission is to help the world find “home.” Powered by insurance and technology, we’re reinventing the way renters and properties transact—making it faster, simpler, and more cost-effective.
LeaseLock replaces security deposits with insurance. Renters pay a low monthly fee starting at $19 that insures the property for up to 6x rent. Renters save thousands of dollars at move-in, while properties convert more leases with better protection.
LeaseLock is rapidly growing, already protecting over 1,000,000 apartment homes. LeaseLock is venture-backed by leading financial, insurance, and real estate funds including American Family Ventures, Clocktower Technology Ventures, Moderne Ventures, and 500 Startups.
We’re passionate about our mission and are looking for exceptionally talented people to join our team. If you are smart, dynamic, and energized to join a high-growth startup disrupting the $1 trillion real estate market with an innovative new product—let’s chat!
LeaseLock is currently seeking a Director of Finance and Accounting to join our team. As Director of Finance and Accounting you will play a vital role in the company’s expansion and growth by providing timely and accurate financial data and analysis, including financial statements, budgets, and billing reports. The ideal Director of Finance and Accounting will have experience planning and modeling revenue projections with FinTech companies. Further, the Director of Finance and Accounting must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as they will work closely with the C-Level office, as well as key external stakeholders, including investors and regulatory agencies, in order to establish and maintain financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting to ensure LeaseLock’s continued financial growth. The Director of Finance and Accounting must welcome the challenge of working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing start-up.
- Conducts analyses to make forecasts and report to upper executives
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data.
- Prepares timely and detailed reports on financial performance on quarterly and annual bases
- Arranges for and oversees audits as required and appropriate.
- Manages budgets and controls expenses effectively.
- Keeps current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Drives the financial planning of the company by analyzing its performance and risks
- Prepare and review month-end journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare consolidated monthly financials and management reporting package
- Own the financial model
- B.S/B.A. in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or related field
- 3+ years of experience in finance in the internet/technology sector of which at least 3 years involved team management experience in a multi-national corporate environment
- 3+ years of financial accounting experience
- Strong technical understanding of accounting principles and practices and knowledge of corporate finance
- Experience preparing and developing financial forecasts and plans
- Experience with general accounting, account analysis and financial reporting
- Proficient technology skills, including MS Office Suite, Excel
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and leadership skills
- Ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- MBA or CPA
- Accelerate your career with high visibility role in a fast-growth startup
- Report directly to C-Level / founding team
- Aggressive performance bonus compensation plan
- Initiatives will have a direct impact on the performance of the company
- Office is located four blocks from the beach in sunny Marina del Rey