Director of Finance - Style at FabFitFun, Inc.
FFF Style is a fashion concierge service. We indulge our customers with a highly personalized styling service based on fit, price, and lifestyle preferences. Our style experts are on a mission to inspire happiness and personal growth through discovery, by empowering women to embrace their unique shape + lifestyle.
We are looking for a Director of Finance, Style to serve as a key addition to our newest business, helping to lead the business planning and roadmap needed to drive growth and scale. As the first finance hire for this start-up within a start-up, you will have full ownership of all financial and strategic planning for the Style organization.
This candidate will collaborate closely across teams and become an expert on all functions of the business in order to best manage and provide operational recommendations to meet strategic goals. To be successful in this role, you will need a proven track record of overcoming challenges with analytics-based, innovative solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and lay the foundation for all aspects of financial planning, including the strategic long-range plan, annual operating plan, and rolling projections
- Identify and solve operational challenges by continually adapting and implementing processes and systems that enhance financial rigor and enable strategic growth
- Provide thought-partnership and modeling/analytical support for assessing new products or service initiatives, partnerships, and other corporate development initiatives
- Construct the narrative around the business’ growth with transparent reporting of financial and business results to Executives and Board members, highlighting wins, significant assumptions, as well as risks and opportunities
- Own and understand customer LTV - identifying key insights, opportunities, and risks to LTV by regularly monitoring and analyzing relevant KPIs including CPA, retention metrics, customer (purchasing) behaviors, pricing impacts, contribution margin, etc.
- Create frameworks, models, and business cases to guide resource allocations and capital investments that will help achieve strategic goals and long-term profitability
- Drive continuous improvement and accuracy in forecasting processes by leveraging data, technology/systems, and staffing resources
- Build, inspire, and mentor a team that will directly influence and impact the growth trajectory of an exciting, new company with ambitious goals
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of progressive finance experience in high growth environments
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or relevant field; MBA preferred
- Advanced proficiency with Excel with demonstrated ability to translate complex business models into clean, streamlined financial models and outputs
- Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to distill the high-level narrative of complex analyses to broad audiences
- Creative approach to problem-solving particularly when data is limited, inconsistent, or unreliable
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment who loves to work cross-functionally and takes pride in developing strong partnerships and relationships will all levels throughout the organization
- Prior experience working with a subscription-based and/or e-commerce business model is preferred. Experience in the fashion industry is a plus
What you’ll get:
- Opportunity to own the full P&L for an emerging business within an established start-up as the FIRST finance hire
- Ability to build finance team from the ground up and develop processes and procedures
- Daily impact on one of the fastest growing companies in the US that is revolutionizing e-commerce
- Amazing benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, and 401k
- Flexible PTO
- Catered meals, kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Free FabFitFun subscription and and quarterly credit in the Add-Ons store