Director Finance and Strategy at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it. As the Director, of Finance & Strategy you will report to the CFO and will have high visibility across all departments within the company. Next to building and managing a team of ambitious, smart and driven people, you’ll be responsible for all financial plans including budgets and our long term strategic plan. You will also support our Executive Leadership Team and their teams by making sure we achieve our financial goals. In addition, you will manage our debt facilities and monitor compliance as well as forecast our cash needs. Together with your team, you will be charged with participating in fundraising activities, assessing M&A opportunities, and preparing materials for briefing our Board of Directors.
Come join our mission of building humanity in space!
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
As a key member of the finance team and company-wide liaison, you will be tasked with a range of projects and initiatives. Here are some needed outcomes and objectives you will achieve:
- Prepare the annual operating budget and drive re-forecasts as needed
- Partner with Executive Leadership Team to support growth, innovation, and other strategic initiatives, as well as capital investments
- Assure that debt and equity properly capitalized at all times
- Manage our banking relationships
- Oversee and coordinate our risk management and insurance programs
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited four-year college; MBA would be preferred
- Background in investment banking, consulting, and/or private equity; operating experience would be preferred
- An innovative, strategic and operational mindset: you not only participate in developing strategies to support a growth plan but you also bring rational, objective judgment to bear on tough issues and decisions to drive execution
- Strong written and verbal communications skills: You know how to communicate effectively to a wide variety of audiences
- Solid Interpersonal skills
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- This role will be reporting to Chief Financial Officer
- Managing the team
- Substantial exposure to the executive team
- Working closely with cross-functional partners across the organization
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.