Director, Digital Investment
ABOUT YOUR ROLE:
The Digital Investment Director is responsible for managing and executing digital buying/negotiating activities associated with one or more assigned accounts. You will provide oversight and management of spending across major sites and publishers while monitoring client budgets and adherence to KPI's. You will lead by example while managing and coaching a team comprised of Digital Investment Buyers/AMD/Supervisors.
- Coordinate spending across major sites/publishers in conjunction with Digital Planning teams
- Integrate Digital Investment team within Digital planning teams to help centrally manage negotiations/ rate tracking/planning costs/benchmarking/budget management of assigned account(s)
- Work with the team to oversee vendor RFP selection and tactical buy approval
- Oversee team in negotiating digital programs and rates for clients
- Build rate cards for client if they don't already exist via GroupM
- Manage all digital savings against agreed upon methodology and goal - create savings documents and ensure all savings is delivered in a timely manner and meets goals
- Ensure team demonstrates better pricing, efficiencies, and impact by consolidating buys across sites, MediaCom, & GroupM
- Coordinate and consolidate media spending across clients for sites/publishers in conjunction with Digital Planning teams within investment templates
- Meet with vendors on an ongoing basis and provide updates and/or recommendations
- Keep current on digital innovations, ad models and technologies
- Investigate, interpret, understand, and provide marketplace condition updates
- Establish investment best practices (intelligence / arbitrage), spend trends (video, display, mobile, etc.), benchmarking and set market
- Educate media teams on the media planning/investment process
- Enforce key investment tenets around KPI's / substitutability
- Help client teams manage programmatic and video team relationship
- Follow up in real time on client team requests, key awareness of client deadlines
- Documenting and communicating milestones, deliverable and decision points, either with client teams or directly with clients
- Maintain strong media and technology vendor relationships and act as a resource for industry data and trends
- Ensure compliance and maintenance of all Data Base (DB) activities
- Handle issue resolution, recommend process improvements, and oversee client budget in conjunction with Digital Planning teams
- Create POVs
- Work in partnership with analytics team to manage reporting deliverables and interpret data to provide client insights
- Other responsibilities as assigned
YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS:
- Lead by example to develop, motivate and coach a team
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of junior staff
- Ensure all direct reports become an expert in the skills and organizational savvy required for advancement
- Ability to train and inspire people and foster a strong, cohesive working team by giving proper, thorough, and timely feedback
YOUR SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Self-starter, capable of setting goals and reporting progress against them
- Exceptional ability to use data to solve problems and understand campaign performance; analytical thinker and processor
- Solid understanding of online metrics and strong negotiating skills
- Strong presenter and communicator, able to develop powerful presentations, POV's and articulate in a confident manner
- Account management, including demonstrated excellence in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment with an ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Data analysis in Excel, including Pivot Tables and basic statistics; experience with Ad Relevance, @plan and Media Matrix
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated ability to be forward thinking and innovative while understanding client needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Engineering or Mathematics preferred; Master's Degree a plus
- Minimum 8-10+ years previous digital planning experience
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently. But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom.
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.