Director of Compliance at Aspiration
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:29 a.m. (PST) on Monday, March 15, 2021
Aspiration is the first VC-backed neobank on a mission to be the leading consumer financial services brand and company focused on sustainability and the environment. At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $200M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
As the Director of Compliance, FINOP/POO, you will be responsible for supporting the capital operations and compliance activities of our broker-dealer and investment advisory businesses and will provide services to multiple teams within Aspiration. This person will develop and maintain effective and efficient operational, safety & soundness, capital risk management, and associated compliance programs, partnering with expert counsel to achieve effective processes and controls.
This position is open to remote candidates.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the FINRA registered Principal Operations Officer (POO)/FINOP for a fully 15c3-3 reserved broker-dealer
- Provide regulatory oversight, risk management and policy implementation for broker-dealer financial and operational regulatory responsibilities.
- Provide direction and guidance to firm leadership on financial and operational matters affecting compliance with FINRA and SEC regulations
- Identify, assess and communicate new or changing regulatory requirements and proactively develop policies and procedures to address changes in regulation
- Collaborate with relevant teams to ensure that new systems, products and processes will function in compliance with FINRA, SEC and other regulations
- Support regulatory examinations and annual audits
- Prepare and submit Rule 17(h) filings
- Review and approve the Rule 15c3-3 customer reserve calculation
- Review and approve the Rule 15c3-1 net capital computation
- Review and sign off on daily operational and customer liability reconciliations
- Assist with general broker-dealer and investment advisor compliance duties
What You'll Bring
- 5 years of experience with a broker-dealer, regulatory agency or a consulting firm engaged in compliance work for broker-dealers
- FINRA Series 27 required; Series 24 preferred, other certifications are helpful
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of 15c3-3 cash management sweeps is a plus
- Broad knowledge of FINRA, SEC, banking and consumer finance regulations
- Proactive, motivated, self-started preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite, familiarity with FINRA Firm Gateway and SEC EDGAR a plus
What You'll Get
- Making an impact for a company with a mission of transforming the financial industry and the lives of millions
- Competitive salary and equity incentives
- Robust healthcare plans, 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Bright and collaborative office in beautiful Downtown Portland
- Diverse & inclusive culture
Read Full Job Description