Director of Analytics at Cie
| Orange County
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:31 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, May 26, 2021
Cie is a venture studio that serves as a growth accelerator for bold entrepreneurs and an innovation lab for visionary corporate partners who want to transform disruptive ideas into new technology ventures.
Cie’s team is looking for a Director of Financial Analytics to level up and accelerate Cie and our portfolio companies to ensure all financial KPI’s are to be met. You will be integral in ensuring our start-ups and Cie are making the best financial decision that will provide long term success for the organizations. We are what we produce and we’re counting on you to make sure we don’t miss a thing!
What you'll have achieved in a year
· Effectively influence business decision-making to solve real problems and real achievements.
· Successfully build, develop and run financial reporting for Cie’s portfolio companies.
· Create and present business cases and financial models to internal and external stakeholders and investors.
What you'll do to get there
- Create financial models and management reporting packages, having deep connection with accounting and operations.
- Partner with operations and technology leaders, translating business movements to financial outcomes and goals.
- Work directly with the CFO making important financial decisions that help scale and leverage Cie’s portfolio companies.
- Drive core KPIs and provide analytical solutions and data that helps drive them to success.
- Conduct cost comparison of vendors and products to ensure efficient use of capital.
- Build and expand on existing dashboards and models to increase awareness and transparency to the executive team and Board of Directors.
- Meeting with key stakeholders and presenting on key financial performances.
- Understanding both the business problem and the solution to advocate for excellence and influence and direct change when necessary.
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years of experience in Business/Financial Analytics, management consulting or advisory or an investment banking role.
- Extensive experience working and building financial models from the ground up.
- Strong analytical skills including Excel modeling skills.
- Understanding and ability to build analyses from scratch, work with large datasets and make well-reasoned assumptions.
- Experience developing reports and dashboards using BI visualization tools (Tableau, Domo, Looker etc.), a plus.
- Has worked in a start-up environment with minimal oversight
- Strong communication skills
What we offer:
At Cie, we’re looking for bright, independent, collaborative, self-motivated, and experienced people who have a passion for building disruptive companies. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in an exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You’ll work with a smart group of driven and talented project and account managers, designers, and developers.
- Health/Benefits: Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Visual, Life, Paid Vacation and a 401k.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
Read Full Job Description