Director of Accounting at GoodRx
About the Role:
GoodRx is seeking an extremely smart and effective Director of Accounting to join our Accounting team, reporting to the VP Controller. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of accounting experience with a Big 4 audit background and at least 4 years leading a corporate accounting team. We are looking for a motivated team player who has high attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and can act as a self-directed, assured leader who can contribute to the team with minimal oversight. This leader will be responsible for driving process improvements that are critical to help scale the organization. Successful attributes for the role include the ability to see the big picture, plan ahead and look around corners, excel at juggling multiple priorities, and thrive at going above and beyond.
- Lead and develop an A+ accounting team while developing goals, identifying key performance indicators, and determining strategic projects for the team to meet quarterly initiatives.
- Oversee all significant accounting activities: month-end close, general ledger, consolidation, internal financial reporting, stock compensation, capitalized software, AP/AR, cash management/forecasting, payroll, etc.
- Support various other accounting processes: external reporting function, budgeting, technical accounting, corporate tax matters, internal audit, etc.
- Manage the general ledger including updates, system access, chart of accounts, and period closes
- Manage monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes with utmost attention to accuracy, reliability and efficiency.
- Maintain and enforce finance-related policies and procedures, including stock-based compensation expense, T&E, procurement, and capitalization of software
- Identify and oversee technical accounting issues and solutions within a broad range of topics, including consolidations, leases, business combinations, stock-based compensation, and revenue.
- Lead the implementation of new systems and software, including an ERP, AP software, commercial banking, and reconciliation software.
- Act as the liaison between the company and the third-party auditors, tax consultants and other outside firms
- Coordinate and organize billing of distributors, vendors, and partners
- Ad hoc financial analysis and reporting
- BA in Accounting; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- 10+ years of mixed public/private accounting experience
- Excellent and proactive communicator
- Experience working with or in public companies
- Strong understanding of GAAP; experience with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Expert Excel skills including data analysis
- Experience with NetSuite ERP
- Unquestionable ethics, relentless drive to do what’s right
- Experience working in marketing driven, consumer online company or similar
GoodRx is America’s leading prescription price transparency platform. More than 8 million people use the GoodRx website and our mobile apps each month. GoodRx helps consumers save up to 80% on their medications by delivering prices and available discounts at nearly every pharmacy in the U.S. Thousands of physicians and employees use GoodRx, and its services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, the American Heart Association, The New York Times, ABC News, AARP, Forbes and many others.