Director of Accounting
- Oversee and directs day-to-day accounting functions, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Job Costing, Consolidation and General Accounting.
- Manage monthly close process and consolidation in accordance with generally accepted accounting methods (“GAAP"), principles and practices.
- Review general ledger activity and balances; performs and/or directs the performance of monthly account analysis.
- Furnish internal financial reports to management team as necessary. Execute on monthly financial reporting package which is published to management and the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for cash management (company operating, payroll, banking accounts).
- Prepare and maintain policies and procedures to ensure internal controls on financial reporting; ensures compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and manage internal controls to ensure integrity of financial data, protection of corporate assets, and adherence of corporate policies.
- Ensure the issuance of accurate and timely GAAP compliant financial statements.
- Manage the year-end close/external audit process.
- Review and recommend proposals to ensure operation efficiencies, and ensure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals.
- Responsible for tax planning and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
- Final responsibility for providing effective financial controls for the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related financial discipline.
- CPA required.
- Experience in consumer packaged goods, e-commerce, consumer staples or food distribution industry preferred.
- Five to ten years of experience in accounting, preferably a minimum of five in public accounting in conjunction with years of demonstrated experience in management of a multi-faceted accounting department / engagement team.
- Solid problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to accounting and financial.
- Maintains an active interface with all staff; is visible and responsive to needs of all employees within span of control; creates strong morale and spirit in team.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Experience with Excel in addition to CRM and ERP systems.
- A highly productive self-starter with very strong work ethic and commitment.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills, including the ability to interact professionally with all levels of the company.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
Founded in 2014, Chef'd is Headquartered in El Segundo, CA with production facilities in El Segundo, CA, Brooklyn, NY, and Pico Rivera, CA. Chef'd offers competitive compensation packages including full medical, dental, and vision benefits, flexible PTO, pet insurance, and discounts on meal kits!