Director, Accounting Operations at FabFitFun, Inc.
From a media outlet and a lifestyle newsletter nine years ago to being voted as the #1 subscription box this month, FabFitFun now has over one million members, a unique platform that includes member only sales, premium content, exclusive brands, an engaged community and an annual revenue that continues to flourish year over year. The company recently closed its Series A funding by raising $80 million in capital to finance more growth, including extending additional offerings to members, evolving the platform as a marketing partner and launchpad for brands, and continuing its global expansion.
FabFitFun is seeking a Director of Accounting Operations to join the Accounting leadership team in West Hollywood, reporting to the Corporate Controller. This person will oversee all vendor procurement processes, systems, and relationships, the corporate credit card program, travel and expense policies and analysis, and the monthly aging and reconciliation process. Our ideal candidate works best in a high growth, dynamic environment, and is a strong manager of people and effective collaborator. Additionally, we are open to relocation for this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Leads a team of five and growing, including the Accounts Payable functions, Corporate Credit Card and Employee Expense management, and all associated reconciliation and reporting processes.
- Building vendor relationships, assessing creditworthiness of new vendors, collaborating on vendor financing (factoring and letters of credit), and enhancing early payment policies and processes.
- Leads monthly closing of financial records and review of month end agings and reconciliations; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
- Assesses technology stack and recommends, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies.
- Provides accounting assistance to project management team and operations staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Acts as a liaison between the company, government and external accountants to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Proactive assessment of headcount to meet scaling demands and hiring of best in class team members. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and motivates and rewards employees within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
- Provides KPIs and metrics to make data driven business decisions
- Leads adherence to company travel and entertainment policy, reviews data analysis and recommends actions/changes
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degrees a plus
- Degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- Ten or more years of related experience
- Three or more years of leadership experience managing teams
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- AP and Expense System experience, with implementation experience a plus
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with vendors, other departments, and upper management
- Strong communication skills for communicating and presenting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work for themselves and team
What you’ll get:
- Daily impact on one of the fastest growing companies in the US that is revolutionizing ecommerce
- Amazing benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, and 401k
- Flexible PTO
- Catered meals, kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Free FabFitFun subscription and and quarterly credit in the Add-Ons store