Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave's financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than eight million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit. Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others.
The Controller will be responsible for financial reporting, building sound processes and procedures and ensuring compliance with all accounting and SEC related matters. This role will also be responsible for using financial reporting to drive operational effectiveness and efficiency across the organization.
What you'll do:
- Assist with period end close processes, including preparation of monthly financial statements
- Assist with quarterly budgeting and forecasting/re-forecasting efforts
- Work closely with auditors to ensure timely completion of PCAOB annual financial statement audits
- Assist with efforts needed for Sarbanes Oxley compliance. This includes working with internal auditors and third parties on preparation of the risk assessment, documentation of narratives, preparation of the control matrix, and performing the related control procedures.
- Assist with the 2021 ERP implementation.
- Preparation of quarterly financial statements for historical periods, and preparation of templates for future public filings
- Identify areas for process improvementAssist with the preparation of departmental policies and procedures
- Assist with all necessary financial reconciliation efforts across Dave’s platform of products
- Work closely with consultants on all tax related matters. This includes, but is not limited too, tax credits, state tax registrations, tax returns, nexus determinations, and tax provision preparation.
- Assist with documentation and implementation of any technical accounting related matters that may arise.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License
- Minimum of 12 years of accounting experience
- Big 4 audit experience preferred
- Public company, SEC reporting experience with form 10-K, 10-Q, and Proxy
- Sarbanes Oxley, experience in preparing risk assessments and performing control related testing and procedures
- Pre-IPO/IPO readiness experience
- People management, preferably teams of at least 5 or more
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.