Controller at TeleSign
Telesign is looking for a dynamic individual to join our team as Controller. You will be a key contributor and leader for the financial operations of our rapidly growing company. You will be responsible for providing technical accounting expertise, improvement of financial processes, and development of a high performing accounting team. Reporting to the CFO, this position requires strong financial, accounting and management skills, a strong business sense and the ability to understand the big picture while being detail oriented.
- Manage the daily accounting operations to include revenue recognition, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, payroll and operational cash management.
- Lead global controllership function partnering with the global finance team and operating teams to ensure controls are implemented and compliance with US GAAP as well as local regulatory and statutory requirements
- Own the financial close process and all associated processes and reporting to deliver accurate and timely results to the organization to facilitate critical decision making.
- Responsible for monthly financial close including detailed analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts. Directly responsible for US and global consolidated accounting.
- Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules. Build IPO-ready reporting processes for SEC reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Create, review, update and enhance Telesign’s accounting policies and procedures as well as monitoring their consistent application.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local corporate income, payroll and other applicable taxes and licenses.
- Manage year-end financial audit and other financial compliance reviews as necessary.
- Be the primary liaison for Telesign’s insurance and audit relationships to ensure compliance with business, regulatory and reporting requirements.
- Work with the VP of FP&A to ensure coordination of timely publishing of metrics, forecasts and budgets.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 12+ years of accounting experience preferably within the software/SaaS industry environment
- CPA with BS/BA in Accounting/Finance, or a related field of study from an accredited college or university; MBA a plus.
- At least 3 years of accounting experience at a senior designation, leadership or management level, preferably in a software or technology-based environment.
- Experience leading accounting organizations through IPO process or public reporting strongly preferred
- Expert knowledge of General Ledger, consolidations, month end close process, and GAAP.
- Strong, analytical communication (verbal and written), project management and business partnering skills.
- Ability to manage deployment of new software/accounting systems.
- Big 4 CPA organizations experience a plus.
TeleSign connects and protects online experiences with sophisticated customer identity and engagement solutions. Through APIs that deliver user verification, data insights, and communications we solve today’s unique customer challenges by bridging businesses to the complex world of global telecommunications.
Our global team consists of the best and the brightest in the industry and we treat them as such. We provide a variety of excellent benefits ranging from the standard: 401(k) matching, free lunches, generous PTO, and flexible schedules to the not so standard: quarterly performance bonuses, in-house massages, our state of the art office with panoramic views of the marina and hills, and so much more! ;)
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.