Controller at SNACKNATION
!Sorry, this job was removed at 1:34 p.m. (CST) on Friday, August 16, 2019
Our team is growing, and we're looking for a Controller that will lead the accounting team. You will work closely with the VP of Finance and have the opportunity to elevate the accounting department by providing world class leadership skills as well as creating and implementing accounting process and procedures.
What You'll Do:
- Establish and manage the companies' financial reporting policies and procedures
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Research technical accounting issues for complianceLead and support the month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filingsPrepare interpretive analysis of financial statements
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reportingPrepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Prepare and analyze cash flow reports and forecasts
- You'll be responsible for implementing the systems and protocols to maintain good cost controls and oversee disciplined AR/AP management.
- Build and update a company dashboard with critical KPIs
- Create framework to measure and monitor performance against operational metrics
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all level
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of management experience in accounting, financial and analytical roles, CPA preferred but not required
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance a must
- Experience working in a startup, product subscription company and/or businesses undergoing rapid growth and change
- Strong management and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data to senior management
- Excellent team building and leadership skills
We exist to inspire more conscious food decisions by connecting healthier brands with engaged consumers through a smart marketplace. At SnackNation, we care about making a positive impact on the world, starting with our wellness-minded culture and values. And we’re growing! In fact, SnackNation was just ranked #24 on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing US companies of 2018, and #2 in the Food & Beverage category.
We look for people who aren't afraid to be themselves. Because that's our vibe. Whether it's health or sales goals, our mantra is Better Every Day. We even offer meditation, yoga and bootcamp during work hours, not after. Plus, we've got the accolades to back it up: We’re Great Places To Work Certified and named one of Entrepreneur’s Top Company Cultures!
If you're a wellness-loving professional who wants to make an impact, take on a lot of responsibility and be a part of our driven company culture, join us. We promise to help you find your better you, all while being surrounded by good people looking to do amazing work in our booming CPG space.
Read Full Job Description