Dave is a challenger bank on a mission to put financial minds at ease by improving the cost, usability and accessibility of the legacy financial system. As the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks, Dave helps its seven million customers budget, find work, build credit, and access income to cover immediate expenses. Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others.
Dave is looking for an Anti-Money Laundering/Combatting the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) expert to join the Compliance Team in ensuring that financial crimes investigations and related processes are conducted with a high degree of accuracy. You will help drive the success of Dave’s Compliance Management System by serving as a Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) expert and resource.
You will report to the Director of Compliance and assist the Customer Success and Fraud teams with compliance analysis and streamlining operational workflows. The candidate will be instrumental in helping to build the compliance function and tooling as it relates to transaction monitoring, customer due diligence, and regulatory-related tasks across the organization.
What you'll do:
- Create the customer risk rating methodology including red flags and determine appropriate risk responses to each category.
- Support the compliance department’s anti-money laundering and sanctions programs inclusive of surveillance, monitoring, and risk assessment; manage escalations related to sanction and PEP alerts and provide disposition.
- Provide operational and compliance subject matter support to cross-functional teams as they design and implement operational workflows, tooling, and reporting.
- Use your financial crimes experience and technology background to help solve challenging problems and drive meaningful improvement through technology enablement and scalability.
- Maintain awareness of industry tools, systems, and processes that will keep our program scalable and competitive.
- Contribute to compliance management reports to keep senior management and stakeholders aware of compliance issues and trends uncovered through testing & monitoring, complaints management, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, keeping abreast of recent changes.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years experience in FinTech or the Banking industry. Demonstrating an in-depth understanding of BSA/AML and sanctions regulations
- Extensive knowledge and expertise of AML red flags, risks, and typologies
- Experience with drafting process flows and/or procedures, conducting testing and monitoring, and preparing risk assessments
- Ability to be organized, detail-oriented, self-starting, resourceful, and flexible
- SARs filing experience and AML training experience is ideal
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Voluntary life insurance plan
• Voluntary worksite benefit plans for accidents, critical illness and hospital indemnity
• Flexible work hours
• 401(k) savings plan
• Generous paid parental leave
• 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.