Collections Specialist at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
What You'll Do:
- The duties of a Collections Specialist include collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast-paced goal-oriented collections department.
- Provide customer service regarding collection issues and resolve client discrepancies (Over-payments and short-payments).
- Assist in cash posting process as/if needed.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts- customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos (after proper approval is obtained).
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Must communicate & follow up effectively with sales dept. regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to Corporate Credit and Collections Manager
- Contact assigned customers in a timely fashion
- Assist the Accounts Receivable Analyst in the reconciliation of customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due.
- Assist with company and client audits.
- Provide excellent & considerate customer service to internal and external customers.
- Participate in team planning meetings
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
Who You Are:
- At least 5 years of Corporate Collections experience.
- Knowledge of Basic Accounting and Collections procedures
- Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management.
- Strong work ethic and self-discipline.
- Experience with Intacct a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of MS Excel (V-Lookups, pivot tables). This is a must and will be tested at the time of interview.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.