Chief Financial Officer
Ranked on INC 5000’s list of America’s Fastest Growing Companies and Deloitte’s prestigious Technology Fast 500 list, EcoSense is a successful, rapidly growing LED technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire, and defy expectations through the lens of technology and the power of light. From Bloomingdales and BMW, to Harry Winston and Mall of Emirates, we light the most beautiful spaces in the world.
EcoSense hires curious, collaborative, and autonomous visionaries who have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored. We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team. If you want to push boundaries in your field, then this is the place for you.
The Chief Financial Officer position is accountable for the administrative, financial, investor relations and risk management operations of the company, to include assisting in the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. This position will be a part of the leadership team and will contribute directly to the success of the company and be a key contributor to a potential IPO. Flexibility and team-building abilities are critical as well.
Join us as we build a company focused on revolutionizing the way things are done in our industry. We are performing cutting edge research and developing innovative tools to solve challenging problems. This role brings you the opportunity to firmly apply your stamp to our organization, now and well into the future. Join us in creating amazing, beautiful and functional experiences.
- Be the steward of the company’s IPO, ensure the organization is prepared for an IPO by Q4 2020 and is set-up for long-term success in the public markets.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans that drive the company through innovation guided by sound financial practices, including implementation of metrics to measure success.
- Act as a key financial advisor on all manufacturing, new product introduction, supply chain and research and development efforts.
- Responsible for corporate liquidity, investments, and risk management related to the company's financial activities.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile, this includes ensuring there is a reliable control system in place.
- Personally, review and approve all reporting including but not limited to: Form 8-K, 10-K, and 10-Q filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (when/if the company is publicly held)
- Play key role in developing the company’s corporate structure related to acquisition, regional expansion, and growth. Plans should take into consideration long-term tax strategies.
- Play a Key role in negotiate all contracts.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements in every state and country it has a presence
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Responsible for reporting financial results to the board of directors and ensuring audit committee is aware of any risk issues.
- Maintain relations with external stakeholders including auditors, bankers, etc.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
- Partner with HR to manage 401k plan.
- Play a key role in Investor Relations and represent the company with investment bankers and investors as requested.
- Play key role in M&A activity, including the integration into Ecosense.
- Manage the accounting, finance, tax, and treasury functions.
It is desired that the candidate has the following qualifications for the position:
The ideal Chief Financial Officer should have a CPA with 15+ years of progressively responsible experience along with prior public company experience (IPO experience ideal). The candidate should have experience in partnering with an executive team and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, CPA required.
- 10+ years of experience in a corporate leadership role
- Ideally, candidate will have a proven background in consumer products (preferable lighting or other high-volume consumer electronics)
- Experience with corporate governance
- Proven negotiation skills
- Experience with budget management, public accounting, and cash flow
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.